Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a short air intake but when I asked at a shop they said no one makes a short? However, I see people talking about them all the time? Who makes them?

Also is there a problem with short airs? room, performance?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I have the F5 Fujita short ram intake. Check the Performance forum, I have a post there on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
its a shame that you were misinformed like that.

i have the weapon r short ram intake, its great in my opinion. but, you'll hear good things about most of them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have a AEM short ram ..... Love it ...

·
Registered
178 Posts
i have an AEM short ram on mine i didnt want the cold air from the dealer ram air is better but anyways yeah aem makes a ram air the part number is 21-567 sounds awsome at around 3500 rpms

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Injen or Fujita (they look like the SAME thing too) i dont know what the deal is behind it but from the looks of them, i could swear theyre the same

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
There are a few differences between the two. I had the INJEN originally.

Most noticable, the crankcase vent tube is BEHIND the MAF on the F5 Fujita, where as the INJEN, it is in front. And depending how much oil is being vented, this may or may not have caused CELs before.

Also, the bends are tad bit more subtle on the F5 and I didnt have to clean the polishing residue from inside the the F5.

The air filter design has already been mentioned, and on a side note, the workers have a special polishing powder on there hands when packaging the intakes, thus the absence of finger prints on the intake when you removed it from its packaging.

It is also worth mentioning that the Weapon*R/MMW intake is nice also.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've also been a stock tubing and just drop in filter kinda guy, i'm running the blitz japan drop in filter right now, but about to switch it up to either c-one or toms ;-)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
suspended said:
I've also been a stock tubing and just drop in filter kinda guy, i'm running the blitz japan drop in filter right now, but about to switch it up to either c-one or toms ;-)
I have yet to see any of those, please post pics when you get your intake!

·
Registered
212 Posts
alright, i had the blitz induction cover...but honestly it was pretty retarded, the filter faced down and the metal cover was on the bottom of the filter....now this was going on right above my block and next to my head...well anyone who knows cars...blocks get warm...and heat rises...right into making the metal cover hot as krap, thus forcing my throttle body to suck hot air into the motor...big no no...so i modified it to where i can run the stock box with the filter...

I experiments on my civic a lot, i was running an aem cai on there, then converted to just a drop in filter with stock intake piping and box, then to keeping the stock box and using metal piping for the intake piping from the TB into the box...only difference i noticed was the sound at WOT (wide open throttle) honestly...

I want to one day keep the filter box and run a metal pipe from the TB to the filter box, but i would need to find a way to adapt the sensors on...one day when i decide to work on the motor, i'll see what i can't fab up :D

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
I have the white box special form ebay, and put a K&N filter on the end. Comes out the block and stops just behind and below the left headlight. Total length is about 15 inches.
Works well (better than stock) I can feel the diff. My wife even noticed the diff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Injen SRI here, happy with it. Though I am fond of the Fujita intake it just looks like very high quality, and always hear rave reviews of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.