Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just ordered "Progress Springs" for my box from partshippers.com and I want to also replace the shocks while i'm at it.. does anyone know what Monroe rear shocks do I need? Is it the..

5987? 5870?

Thanks in advanced.. I just wanted to double check before I went out buying the wrong part.. And I'll post pics once I get them here and installed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and if it helps the front drop is 1.8" and the rear is 1.5"

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
So I have just ordered "Progress Springs" for my box from partshippers.com and I want to also replace the shocks while i'm at it.. does anyone know what Monroe rear shocks do I need? Is it the..

5987? 5870?

Thanks in advanced.. I just wanted to double check before I went out buying the wrong part.. And I'll post pics once I get them here and installed.
i went with the 5987. it dropped the back another half inch. the ride is way better than stock.

i think guys with air runners use the 5870 ones.

·
Banned
130 Posts
I ordered the same springs, plus sway bar kit from PartShippers last night. I can't wait!
Update:
FYI.. as stated by Jeff (Lip on ScionLife.com), the owner of PartShippers, the drop is 1.8f/1.9r. Also, the color of the springs have changed from teal to gray.

When did you order your set, when is the install? I hope we get pics and a road behavior review. I'm curious as how the ride will be after installed.

I can't say enough about Jeff OR PartShippers. He's a fantastic guy with a great company.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so wha monroe rear shock do I purchase? the normal size one?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i got mine Monroe 5870s today. look like good construction and everything. going in on Sat with new coilovers!

scotty

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I just ordered the new shocks today (5987) and should have them installed by Saturday morning. The guy at Napa told me that the 5870 shocks are longer at rest but have less travel than the 5987. He said that the 5870 is designed for the Celica and the Supra along with a few other models. In his opinion, with a 2 inch drop the 5870's would be too low. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.