Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting some adjustable shocks and struts. I've though about buying the Tokico HTS's. They're adjustable 16 ways, with a knob on top, even in the rear, unlike Koni.

Any others I should be considering? New struts in the front will drop me about another half inch, or at least I hope?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah get the Tokico's they are nice! But for the type of money you will spend on them, why not get coilovers? On a side note, arn't shocks and struts the same thing? I always see this or hear but and I get confused. Is there a difference?

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
struts have spring mounted to it /as for the shock the spring /beside it/ or older gm vehicles front suspension its mounted threw the spring but attaches to the frame lower control arm/ kinda like our rear suspension

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
taken from another car forum,

The difference is that on a strut, the spring rests on part of a strut, therefore the strut is a load-bearing component as well as the spring. With a Shock, the spring fully supports the suspension and the shock is mounted in a fashion so as to damp the motion.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Its all still just a mass spring damper second order differental equation.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MattyRattyPoo said:
Yeah get the Tokico's they are nice! But for the type of money you will spend on them, why not get coilovers? On a side note, arn't shocks and struts the same thing? I always see this or hear but and I get confused. Is there a difference?

coilovers are $700-1000, the shocks and struts are only $550 for a set.

They will lower me more in the front right? I want that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't know about the struts your taking about, but the Monroe fronts lower ~.5 " and ride nice. Not adjustable but for $96 way cheaper :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.