Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please dont tell me that I'm the only one who has an xB full of static. Every time, without fail, someone gets shocked while getting out. We've even started betting money on who will get hit most during errand running days. Its just bad! So, does anyone else have this problem? Tips on how to avoid it so much? :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jump out fast eh? heh, if only it was that easy!
I dont know if its always happened, or if it was just pointed out and I've noticed it alot now. Gah!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Seat covers?? I have seat covers too, and get shocked every time I get out of the box.
I haven't found a cure yet, but I just hold on to the door till both feet hit the ground then let go. It works, but I still want it fixed.

The only tip I have found is to put on a grounding kit, but do not know if it works or not cause I haven't tried it yet. If you find a cure there are more who would love the info shared.

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
because of the weather change here in Cali., SCIONS are notorious for shock therapy. spray the inside of yur ride with STATIC GUARD Spray. you should be good to go.
Static Guard. Oh man, so simple, and it had never occured to me. Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mine does it here in Tennessee. Always has since the day I bought it. I heard the grounding wire kits would help the problem.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The drier the air, the more static electricity you will have. I have Scionshoppe seat covers and no more shock. My girlfriends Camry zaps the hell out of me every time!

·
Registered
869 Posts
what i do when it gets staticy outside is, before i get out of the car i hold on to the door panel or some body part on the car and hold on to it while im getting out.....thin it grounds you, kuz of the stactic that gets created when you climb out of the seat....it works every time;)

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
The drier the air, the more static electricity you will have. I have Scionshoppe seat covers and no more shock. My girlfriends Camry zaps the hell out of me every time!
TAZ, get rid of the camry, goto Scionshoppe and buy a seat cover, goto a SCION dealer and purchase yur girlfriend a xB and yur all set. no mo static!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
TAZ, get rid of the camry, goto Scionshoppe and buy a seat cover, goto a SCION dealer and purchase yur girlfriend a xB and yur all set. no mo static!
Like I haven't tried to get her to buy one! Or at least an 07 Camry. :eek:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
i just bought my wife a 2004 mazda mpv.....its got leather seats......will that happen with leather?.....i cant remember....:confused:
You shouldn't get a shock from leather.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.