Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a OBX Fatboy Sport shift knob and there is a gap between the boot and the knob. Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I purchased an aftermarket cover.

Though it's simple, really. You know that plastic ring under the shift boot? Well, I know it snaps into place and all, but you can slide it up higher.

OR, you can take a rubber band and wrap it on the shifter so the shiftboot sits where you want it to.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i had a gap too, then i got a short shifter, so i have to mill out my stock chrome piece to accept the thickness of the new shifter post. but now the shift knob sits very nicely on top of the boot. -=]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased an aftermarket cover.

Though it's simple, really. You know that plastic ring under the shift boot? Well, I know it snaps into place and all, but you can slide it up higher.

OR, you can take a rubber band and wrap it on the shifter so the shiftboot sits where you want it to.
I never noticed the plactic ring. That fixed it. I feel dumb now.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
dont feel dumb. feel fuller of knowledge. one day some noob is gonna ask the same question and you been there done that. now you can share with them your learnings. thats what were here for

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont feel dumb. feel fuller of knowledge. one day some noob is gonna ask the same question and you been there done that. now you can share with them your learnings. thats what were here for
Thanks. I'm usually good at figuring this stuff out. I guess I over thought it. Sometimes the solution is simpler than you thought it could be. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
we got a new steel lathe at my work , so when the boss wasnt looking , i turned down a peice of steel so its as thick as the bottom of my knob and flares out to the crome ring. looks real nice, im going to have it powder coated along with my strut bars.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts