Votes: 14 38.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I'm on the old Lets make a deal game show and I have to pick which box I want.. They ALL look so good..:eek: :)

Here is an interesting dillemma... Which would you choose and WHY?

I will start off by saying I LOVE the Camo color but damn it shows everything...

So here are the final contestants..

car #1 2006 New xB Polar white 5 speed, floor mats, iPod radio sticker $14,900 + fees

car # 2 2006 Used Toyota Certified xB 9600 miles, 5 speed Camouflage Green 5 speed, ssp radio with satellite radio option ( Sirius) Floor mats. $13,800 +fees

Well what do the gods here sayeth?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Go for the PW becuase they kick @ss!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd go for the camo, that's the color i originally wanted, but it was no longer in production so I went with BOP.

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
i say camo. same as ^ but i went with BSP when camo wasn't available

·
Registered
325 Posts
If I was not planning on painting it I would go with the Camo. I am not hot on white cars myself.

·
Registered
195 Posts
For the price diff take the new car w/ full warranty, PW is an easier paint match...and look at (Surf City Local) if you need any explanation of why they kick ass :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Go for the PW becuase they kick @ss
Nah, PWs are a dime a dozen.

j/k Taz!

Though camos really are rarer. Usually there’s only a few of us at shows. Sometimes I’m the only one. Its almost like being a special release.

Make sure you run a Carfax report though.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm saying go with the new.

Better airbags and steering wheel controls are nice additions. Also, a used with that few miles usually means repo. You don't want what someone else defaulted on and didn't care for.

Your choice in the end though.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

-Alex

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If the Camo didn't have so many miles, I'd say get that. It's the release series between release series. There are so few Camo's on the road it's not only ridiculous, it's crazy. I myself opted for a BOP because I like blue, though I feel I should have gotten Camo.

On the other hand. PW is a rock solid color, and easy to make things flow with. You can go with pretty much any color scheme and it still look good. Not only is the car new, it has the upgraded options, and as alex pretty much stated, you will be the first owner, and you will know what happens to the car.

All in all, it's ultimately up to you. Seeing as the PW is only about a grand more, really......That's the better deal.

·
Registered
974 Posts
There is no reason to wrack your brain, the answer is clear. Go new.

New means you are the only owner and know what has been done to the car. You get the car the way you want it because the dealer can tweak it with options should you want accessories. Like Alex said, a used xB like that is probably a repo. People tend to beat on their cars if they know they are going to be repoed anyways.

Plus the new one is only like $1000 more. The choice is easy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
go new id rather know what my car has been thru and that it was driven properly not beat on, plus if you finance any of it new gets a better finance rate with most lenders too

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would go with the New PW, not only cause I did the same (I almost bought a RS2.0 w/ 19k). You will be happier with a new one in the long run, plus PW is the best looking one ever. LOL!

·
Registered
325 Posts
PW is the easiest to maintain. Color matching mods is a no brainer.
Thats true BECAUSE whites never exactly match any way. So whatever you paint won't match so why worry about it. Absolutely the worst paint to match so you can not tell a repair has been done.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just my own opinion. The cammo is a sexy color

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The polar white is the cleanest color out there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yea PW, If you have a few toners,good light,a good eye and patiences you can match it yourself. You can start out w/ a formula but its never right, although sikkens paint systems are far better than most when it comes to precision matching and quality. good luck. A.B.C. Always Blend Corners

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.