Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm trying to keep up with padanky so i did this mod. j/k i actually messed up my muffler and burnt and melted the body work around the tip a while ago so this was my solution to fix the problem. hope ya all like!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
thats cool! so does your exhaust now go out from the sides? that would be hot!

·
Registered
135 Posts
looks real nice but i would be somewhat concerned with carbon monoxide creeping in the underbody as it has no place to escape.
dont idle to long with it for safety sake

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wish it came out the sides. that may be a future mod. the tip doesn't go straight it's now angled down and an extention welded on to make it point straight down to the ground.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
What can I say I get bored.

Looks cool. Good job!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Wow, that looks good!

·
Registered
949 Posts
i think i have the wing from your ride.....lol that looks kinda odd with no exhaust hanging out the back....

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
That looks cool. I haven't seen a box like that yet

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you all. i love how it looks too. i didn't paint the knicks because i'm goin to get the CF bumper cover soon.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have the same problem with a burn from an ill fitted muffler. Where did you find the valance without the cutout? (guessing bb import)

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no bro i just took it to a body shop and had it filled and painted. didn't cost that much either.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Cool. I may have to give it a try. My hole back there is about half again as big as it should be. And the tip on my muffler still carries some of the melted plastic.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hotbox05 said:
how much did they charge you to fill and paint it ?
it was 120. also once it stops raining i'll get under my car and take some pics of the exhaust setup.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Looking good, James! You have done so much, you are doing a great job!:p

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm not sure James. The debadging and now the visual lack of a tailpipe - it almost looks naked and hasn't reached pubity yet. I'll have to look at it for a while and really decide. However, youi've clearly created a sense of balance between the rather visually standout interior compared to a visually simplified exterior. Keep it up. The sky is the limit. BTW - Did you see this article about the fact that when all is factored in, the xB is the most fuel efficient car on the road - interesting

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/articles/060331/31hybrids.htm

Alan

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys. alan that article was very interesting. i had no idea that the phaeton was that expensive. someone in my neighborhood has one i always wondered what the heck it was. as for the car looking naked just wait until i'm done with the hatch!!!:eek: also my new wing is on so it shouldn't look as naked now either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.