Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres my problem...i ran my box into a 4 ft ditch and ended up with a flat tire..i drove with the donut for about a day and just bought a new tire...its the right size...now as i pulled out of the parking lot, my steering wheel started to shake harder and harder as i went faster...it didnt do this with the donut at all...what could this be?...wheel balancing?...needs an alignment?..i hope there is no real damage...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Might need a lower control arm, probably.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i would say lower control arm. im sure u probably jacked up your alignment as well. check to make sure ur wheel isnt bent. those are cheap to replace so no worries on that.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Take a measuring tape and crawl under the front and find some good points to measure from, and see if the lower suspension points measure square.

There are holes on the undercarriage that are equal from side to side. Take one of them points (somewhere around the center of the rocker) and measure diagonal across to a few points on the undamaged lower control arm. Then switch sides to see if they match, this will tell you if you need a lower control arm. You can even do front to back measurements. Just pick any spot that is on each side.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like the bent rim explanation more than the control arm. IF it were the control arm why no shaking with the donut spare?

But, the bent rim explanation leaves me with - How did they balance the new tire on it? Bad balance/no balance job?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^ thats why I told him to measure it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didnt have it aligned or balanced...i think it is the steely rim...this is a great site by the way...ive been coming here since i got my box back in feb but didnt become a member until i "ditched" my car...good lookin out guys..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.