Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have driven about 5 thousand miles so far - and today the Service required light flashes 5 times at start up. I heard but don't know for sure if that just means it is time to change the oil - or not.
anyone who knows for sure - let me know

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
yes, it is time to change the oil. every 5k miles. you can reset that light when you change the oil yourself.

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
yeh... either that.. or ur car is gonna blow anytime soon...
jajajajaja.. lol.. jk.. :D

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Just took mine in to Toyota last night and had its 5000 service done. IMO they do charge to much for what is done. But I do like the fact that its in the computer that I have maintained the car 100% and that there is a dealer certified mech. looking at my car checking everything over.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can I reset the light myself ? is there a sensor in the Oil Pan that resets when the oil drops and fills back up - or is there some "trick" that is needed.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Just took mine in to Toyota last night and had its 5000 service done. IMO they do charge to much for what is done. But I do like the fact that its in the computer that I have maintained the car 100% and that there is a dealer certified mech. looking at my car checking everything over.
Took my Box in for the first oil change, it was free but they boned my 50 bucks to rotate my tires. :eek:

How can I reset the light myself ? is there a sensor in the Oil Pan that resets when the oil drops and fills back up - or is there some "trick" that is needed.
You can find the instructions, thanks to Sid, right here: http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f14/3531-re-setting-required-maintenance-light/

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50 bucks for changing the tires - come over to my place I'll do it for $25 and a beer. But not the balancing.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have to find the coupons that are floating around for the 39.99 service. :D
After the first visit I learned my lesson...no body touches my xB but me! Oh, the guys at Super Autobachs are OK, they did a nice job on my rims.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.