Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parking lights wont turn off!!
I have disconnected the battery pulled several fuses and of couse turned the lights on and off.
PLease help!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I see in your profile that you changed out your headlights. are you sure you dont have a short some where in the wiring you did? how about a cross wire or tape/shrink tube connection bad?

just a few thoughts, just double check any and all wires you fiddled with you might find it ( the solution to your problem)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im gonna take it to my mechanic tomorrow and have them fix that and install my findanza flywheel and trd clutch.
Then its to the interior shop for the install of my recaros.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If the headlight's connection to the cars wiring harness is flakey it could cause the wiring to heat up, or if the headlights draw more power the wiring could heat up, or if the wires are now tightly wrapped at some point along their length with other wires (and it wasn't wrapped that way before) , the combined heating could cause a problem. What I'm saying is that it sounds like you may have damaged insulation and these are some ways it might have become damaged...

Look carefully at any changes that could have happened to the wiring of the parking lights...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ahve checked and rechecked all attachment points and there is nothing that would lead me to believe that there is a short.
I removed the headlighths, my interior lights and enything electrical that I have put in over the years.
Lights are stil on.
Possible dealer time.
Myabe they can finnally fix my jammed stereo while they are at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.