Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I've been reading alot about changing out the rear shocks on the xB. I have a stock 2006.5 BOP. My question is this. What kind of change can I expect from swapping out the stock struts with the Monroe Sensatrac? Also, will the xB be able to carry the same amount of cargo weight with the Monroes?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Here's the previous thread on this same topic:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f26/4128-monroe-shocks/

The SensaTracs are a variable rate shock. In the 'center' of their operating range they are a fairly soft shock, allowing them to go over those small pits, bumps, and tar strips in the road smoothly, and to, in general, smooth out the feel of the road surface by letting the tires make the small motions without pounding the chassis.

For larger motions, say an inch or more, they are out of the 'soft' range of the shock, and they tighten up to maintain control of large suspension motions.

The overall effect is to give the vehicle a much more civilized ride in normal street use.

If you are a 'street racer' forget these shocks, get the Koni shocks and set them to "hard." The effect will be similar to simply welding the suspension to the frame, and a kidney belt may be recommended for many freeways, but the box will handle like a go cart... :D

Tomas

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tomas. My b ox is a people hauller so no need to go Koni. :) I think I'll be looking into some sensatracs as they look to proved the softer ride I'm looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.