Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt that this would be better placed in this forum, therefore I am copying and pasting my question here and I hope that someone here might have a little bit of advice for me. :D

My husband has Scion Security on his xb and I thought that was what I was getting on mine. Turns out unbeknownst to us we had signed up for aftermarket (Automate) which I was totally pissed about. I didn't want what I felt was JUNK on my car. I mean, they drilled a hole in my dash for the light/switch! Plus it's a real bugger to figure out the modes. For some reason it was going into panic mode, I told them to rip that piece of crap out before I did it myself! (They unhooked it and I am supposed to bring it back in to replace the system with SS)

I guess my question is, do I have a crappy alarm? It is Automate AM1. Opinions please? Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have an automate. i think it works just fine. you just need to make sure you read the manual.

i believe that automate is a subdivision of viper. but, i could be wrong.

i got mine done at AudioSports in Folsom california. if you really want to know the down and dirty on the Automate Security, PM me and I can give you their number.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm considering just sticking with it. We just can't seem to figure out (in the manual) how to disable the horn-set. Supposedly it says that's possible, my husband says, but he can't find the how-to's on it. And the manual is a bit confusing. It also makes me feel better knowing there's someone out there that is happy with this system.

Thanks for the contacts!

·
Registered
188 Posts
no problem. i do know what you are talking about. the manual is kinda confusing. the nice thing about this system is that you can easily upgrade to radar sensors and digital tilt sensors. additionally, you can also get something that will roll your windows and do the remote start thing too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok, i'm a installer and think the automate is made by D E I who makes a bunch of alarms like viper and lot more.some times you will have a bad module but if the alarm is installed right you should be ok know matter what kind it is. so take it back and let them do what they got to do to fix it and then let the installer show you how it works. good luck.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we had them fix the horn-set, and had them check to make sure that everything was operating correctly. So, this weekend while we were on our trip the damn thing began the panic alarm thing again. Hit the lock button once and two seconds later the alarm goes off. I can't imagine what we did to make it decide to start pulling this shyte again! Back to the friggin' dealer.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
On my wifes RS3, it comes with Radar Intrusion Sensor, but its does not work at all. From what I can gather, if the windows are down, doors locked and someone reaches in it should go off, but it doesnt.

We add the viper remote start

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I couldnt find anything in the book about it, thats why I was asking here. The sales guys said it was for radar detection, B.S. of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
dog alarm

it does work...
not just a swipe of the hand, but try to grab a CD case near the hand brake...
or leave your dog in the back seat....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Skeeter said:
I couldnt find anything in the book about it, thats why I was asking here. The sales guys said it was for radar detection, B.S. of course.
LOL
Salespeople are the kings of B.S.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well, after a few months of frustration, and the alarm taking on a mind of its own, setting itself off whenever it cared to, 3 and 4:00 in the morning, for absolutely no reason (!) and then I just couldn't even LOCK my doors at all without setting it off ... we FINALLY found the time to take it in and have it looked at. What they did was adjust the sensitivity and now I'm holding my breath, but so far it's behaving itself. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.