Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep I said it. Biggest freaking piece ever. I ordered this kit about 2 weeks ago. Partsshippers sent it quickly and I was extremely excited to get it. I hadnt opened the box yet, and took it to a friend of my at his shop to install. He opens it up, gets the rear installed, and realize "Fun freaking sh*t. " They forgot HALF the front suspension components! I already took a freaking sick day to stay in town another day and get it installed, and this gosh damn sh*t has to happen. Now I have to drive 180 miles on my Tanabes, to get to Kearney where I actually live, fight with Progress to get the rest, and then make the drive 180 miles to get it reinstalled because theyre sh*tty ass production line didnt put in all of my parts. Freaking great. Theyre little screw up is probably gonna cost me over $150 in gas money, re-shipping, shop time, and loss of work. Thank you freaking Progress! Awesome job... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Thats crap! Fu&*ers!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea none. just got back to kearney. did the 175 mile drive in 1 hour and 48 mins. (yes... i timed it). you figure out the speed if you want. it helped me calm down a lot though. just still so pissed. ya, im definetly raising hell with Progress tommorrow. i want to clarify that I mean no disrepect to Partsshippers, because they were awesome. its Progress Automotive that im SERIOUSLY pissed at. ill update tommorrow.

scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
;-) just a TAD over the speed limit. whats even better, was that i was drafting this big ass rig the whole way. it was pretty even at 100 most of the time. couple times i dropped to 85 to be safe around traffic, but yea i was goin quick.

It pays to open the boxs when they arrive not wait until when your going to install it. But it sux just the same when stuff gets screwed up..
usually i always do that, but since i know jack crap about coilovers, i didnt think there was any point in me opening up a package where i wouldnt recognize the parts. plus, i always feel better seeing the "Quality Check" or whatever the hell certification on top with an employees initials signed on it. it looked good to me. with that, it would make logical sense they would make sure ALL the parts are in the package.

also, before anyone says it, i know for a fact it wasnt lost by the shop guy, because i was with him the whole damn time watching, and its a brand new shop. he had the lift, his hand tools, and thats it in the shop. nothing else had been moved into the new shop yet. it couldnt have been lost there.

the official parts im missing:

Front coilover spring perches
2 front perch bolts

2 rear perch bolts.

maybe not half the front suspension components like i posted above, but completely essential parts! he tried leaving the rears on without the perch bolts, but it would just screw itself down and not stay.

scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well still not happy with this crap. called them, and they sounded like theyre trying to make me out to be a criminal or somethin. i was put on hold for 5 mins, they came back, and said "well all the parts you're missing are at the anodizer. we cant ship those out for another week. once theyre in we'll gettem out to you".

all in all, it got solved i guess, but just a little "irked" that they didnt offer to "make it right" with me. so 2 weeks or so from now, ill have pics of my 715 dollar kit that i cant install.....

great

scotty

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
damn that sucks you should do a little more hell raiseing over there and get a swaybar free or something!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep i went over "Joey"s head. he was the one guy i talked to. i would feel better if i would have even gotten an APOLOGY! i didnt even get that! so yea, i sent a nicely worded email to the head of Customer Service. i told him how disapointed i was in the company, and how they dealt with my situation, that unless something drastic happens, im going to be a one-time buyer of Progress parts. i didnt get threatening or beligerent in the letter, i just explained my distaste of the situation and lack of true customer service here. ill be interested in seeing what he writes back. im not going for sway bar here even. i would just like an apology for their honest mistake, and an explanation. granted a gift card to their company or a part would be nice, but im not gonna go asking for it since im assuming it was an honest mistake.
i just wish they would have handled things better the smorning over the phone.

scotty
scotty

·
Registered
198 Posts
that sucks man, after my car hit that bored and screwed up the suspension i installed the progress coilovers and then went to the body shop ro have them fix it, while it was there i had them readjust the coilovers, well one of the guys over tighted the rear locking bolt on the collar which stripped it. I called progress and they sent out a new collar bolt pretty quickly, needless to say i didnt pay for that f*ck up the body shop did

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bad deal Scott. Hopefully they can get that all straight in record time. Odd that QC missed that. I'm sure they aren't making thousands of these kits in a day or anything.

Anyway, good luck!

See you in Tulsa?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys.

Umm naw Im not gonna be part of the Tulsa trip. I seriously cant get off of work for two days even, so the trip back to Bellevue/Omaha is as far as Ill go this summer unfortunately. Kinda sucks. I would love to make it, but my cars not up to it right now and really either am I.

Scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
That sux, should have gone w/ TEIN!!!!!!! j/k j/k

I haven't had any problems w/ Progress.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its official : no word back from Progress at all. they can keep their "top notch products" if they cant provide it all even. this really torques me off big time. i cant even get a word back from customer service.

scotty

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.