Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are scratches on the whole drivers side, roof and hood of my bcp xb. they are tiny scratches but there are alot of them. they arent etched into the paint though. is there any way to get them out. we might end up taking it to the body shop because the front lip needs repainted cause the previous owners hit a deer.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
There are alot of good scratch removers out there all work about the same. Walmart has them pretty cheap. As long as it is just in the clear coat they will work ok.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got some scratch remover called scratch out by kit. it didnt work. the car looks like the dealership took a brillo pad to it. the previous owner said the dealership was trying to get something off the car and they wiped it down with a rough towel. ill try to get pictures of them tomorrow if its not raining.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Well sounds like you will need to use a rubbing compound just do it by hand if that don't work I don't know what to tell ya. I had to light sand an area then used rubbing compound and looks good so should work. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you. the old owner said if we take it to a body shop (which we have to anyways) he will pay half of whatever it costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.