Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I usually just scrape my side skirts. Not so much on the front lip and Im lowered 3inches on 17s. It takes practice to get it right.
plus you live in LA with great roads. If I still lived in Glendora I'd be sitting a lot lower too.

I can manage a lowered car, been driving one since I could drive (minus a couples years I had my GMC). Up here the roads suck, there are some roads I have to not go down just because the pot holes are 3" deep. I won't even get started on the dirt roads we still have in town :mad:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Now that I have the front end of my kit on and my ride is lowered as well as a daily driver....it's time for some air!! LOL!!

I hit those dips in the road and my commute to work, just drives me nuts, but I am learning to adjust and figure out where they are each day. I am very,very careful on driveways, speedbumps and railroad tracks. People honk and flip me off when i slow down at RR tracks, but I don't care. There are times I can't go sideways cuz some [email protected]$$ is right on my bumper when I'm leaving somewhere. I now park on the street instead of attemting the dreaded driveway.

When I back up, I have to be careful around those darn speedbumps! Scrub-a-dub-scrub!:eek:

I'm really gonna cringe after I get my side skirts put on....YIKES!

I cringe A LOT and swear of course!! It's only a month old so I want to keep it nice as much as possible.

**Pix coming soon! I promise!!!**

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
My old saying was, "If it ain't sparking, you ain't low enough" I am down 3 from stock, and I want to be pancaked. Living in Missouri (which was ranked #1 as having the worst roads in the US) and driving daily I have learned to dodge. Plus the sound of SCRAPPING and metal dragging makes me SMILE like a little kid, because like Scotty said, you have to pay to play. You want to be low and not drag, not gonna happen. In my book, too low is not low enough. The bottom of my lips are ate up something fierce, but that gives me a reason to get the kit.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I dont believe in people saying its too low for the roads around. One of these days Im strapping a camera on my front end to show what REALLY bad roads are. Youll see what bad is in the Midwest where trucks reign supreme.

Scotty

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
im glad im reading this thread as i am waiting on my s techs as we speak.....its not very reassuring.
I'm on S Techs and its not that bad. I only scrape my exhaust pulling out of some driveways. The biggist thing that I hate is scraping my front lip.

You should be fine.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.