Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well i have broken the hole on the little plastic brace that goes on the lower lip of the rear bumper.. the piece right in the center of the lower lip the connecct under the car. (hope that helps understand what piece) but i was going over a speed bump and was higher than usual ones and it caught my rear bump and pulled the lower lip piece and broke the clip and almost ripped the whole lower lip off.. got back on but the little plastic brace flapps in the wind under the car when i drive..

also frame rail under car on driver side have peice of plastic hanging down.. think is just little plastic cove but nothing major..

but no fluids leaking and car still drives so its all good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
life on my TRDs is managable, I don't scrap much, but it happens. but, when the goldlines go on in a few weeks, it's gonna be anoter story. speedbumps scare me, drive ways are a daily menace. but, u gotta deal with it for that look and does it look great.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I think it's any lowered box's worst nightmare. I haven't screamed any profanities....Actually when I hear Crruuuuunnnchh, I kinda giggle, go the other direction, reposition, and then I'm good. It's my first lowered car, and I know all about the horror stories: I once saw a guy in a very low civic lose his bodykit from going over a speedbump too fast, front and back...It was funny, but sad at the same time.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting to curb the new wheels I will be getting soon...I know I'll do it...I'll probably break my own hand after I do it....

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
AirecK said:
but then you would want to go lower....
i am addicted now!!:D
Yeah, I'm almost tempted to cut my springs. Just wondering how shitty it will ride.?
I have Tein S-Techs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
lol. so i was at the jack in the box. i pull out and see this lovely dip. so i take it slow and then hear sccraaaape. im probably the first person to exit a drive thru in reverse. and yes there was someone in the drive thru doing this. but ididnt care!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
that's funny!!!!!!!!!11

I was at one of those hybrid Carls jr/green burrito joints a few weeks ago..............man, the drive thru exit to the street looked like you could base jump off it. Man! it was steep...and to top it off, the gutter was low and the part that the asphalt started was steep too. It was 10pm so I look behind...no cars......start to back up...then a car shows up................I cringe...my ulcer acts up......................WTF...............SSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

WE bought my wife a GS400 off her little brother who moved to China. I knew he was into cars, but I didn't know he had modded his GS so extensively! HKS dual exhaust with huge tips, volk 18" wheels with a 3" lip........hks coil overs....dropped about 3". Her brother was in CHina when she went to pick it up and I guess he never warned her that it was customized and lowered. Plus, I wasn't with her when she went to get it.

SO she comes home and says to me, "uh...honey, why is my car so low...I heard a bunch of scrapes an noiseswhen I was driving and parking the car. I think I hit the front on something and the back too."

SO I went to check it out. The exhaust tips were scraped to hell and the front lip was cracked. And to top it off, the passenger side wheels displayed circumfrential rash. I told her" your brother's car is lowered. You got to be more careful."

SHe replied, "it's not his anymore, it's mine, and I don't know why they ,make it so low...."

ugh...cringe.....oh well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scrapes

:eek: I know what ya'll are talking about. Our box isn't lowered, but we do have the ground effects. Ground effects + South Carolina driveways =:mad: South Carolina doesn't really have curbs just a gully that runs acrossed your driveway. We can't go more that 2 mph traversing out or into our driveway.

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
youthinasia said:
......the thing that alwayss worries me is bent rims.
I got off work early one day about 3 weeks back. Decided to take one of the mountain roads and get some curves in ( I love winding roads ). Had a pretty good run going, not too fast taking it easy really. Came around a bend, and right there in the middle of my lane was a huge rock, about 6 to 8 inches in diameter. There was nothing I could do, it hit the inside bead of both pasenger side tires. Punctured both tires and bent both rims. I was devistated.

Took the wheels and tires to the shop I got them from and they (thankfully) worked a pretty good deal for me. It ended up a little over $400.00 to replace the tires and have the wheels repaired. I figured repairing the wheels at $100.00 ea. was better that replacing them at $185.00 ea. And they did a helluva job. I have them on the front now and I can't even tell they were ever damaged. No vibration, wobble or anything.

·
Registered
485 Posts
well, i got the lowering kit from my work for my 06 xb for free. apparently someone didnt want them, so they took the kit right off the new car and handed me the whole set. I'm a little afraid to install them on my car since wher ei live is full of speedbumps, 4 inch potholes, and many other hazards. the worst part is that my gf lives in one of the oldest, mountainest parts of md...so driving my unlowered xb i am already scraping bumps at 5mph and her driveway is so steep from the street i cant get the car up it no matter what i try. anyways, i dont think i will be lowering my car anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
The TRD springs aren't that much more of a drop tho! It rides MUCH better with the better springs tho IMO!!

JUST DO IT!! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
reading this thread makes me sick at my stomach.... i must be having extremely good luck... i ran tanabe df210s for a year and just switched to s-techs (for body kit plans) friday and i also have the gtspec frame brace and the strup v2 axleback, and i have barely swiped, i say swiped cause it was so light that it didnt even leave a mark and i had to turn the radio down to hear the friction molecules whispering, just a few times... matter of fact my frame has never touched the ground, nor have my sideskirts, or my underglow. i spend most of my driving time either in mississippi or louisiana and the roads suck either way.

i have to make like a six point angle to get out of my church parking lot but that is the only one that slows me down, but i do NOT go over speed bumps if there is ANY chance of them being to high. I am very very cautious and it has become first nature to me, i dont even think about it anymore. I just hope that when i get the body kit, urethane of course, i dont scrape it up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
if i'm not careful...the ramp at the parkinglot at my office is steep enough that if you take it head on, it will scrape...gotta angle it..remember to or scrape! but lately....if it's a little scrape...i don't really care anymore................................i guess i'm numbed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thread... I just got my xB lowered with DF210's.. It's my first time in a lowered vehicle.... I love how it looks but the scrapes are freaking me out a little but hopefully I'll get used to it in time...

Other than damage to the bottom of my body what is the worst thing that can happen to a lowered vehicle other than cosmetic damage? Is there anything I should know?

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.