Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this fine Saturday morning and went out side to pick something up from the store. When I deactivated my alarm on the Box it told me via a series of beeps that the alarm had gone off during the night. As I was deep in slumber, enjoying the rest that only an evening with Jack Daniel's can bring, someone or something had hit my beloved Box. I didn't notice the blemish until I arrived at the store and turned to look at my Box as I walked to the front door. Then to my horror, I spied this.......

Upon closer inspection I found that a scrape had been made on the bottom lip of my front bumper.

I have no idea what or whom may have caused this damage to my xB but I do know it was not there when I went to bed last night. I have been unable to determine what manner of vehicle or man or beast may have done this horrific deed and left no message as to who to contact for restitution or absolution.

I have combed the streets around my place searching for something orange that may have caused this damage but as of yet have been unable to locate any kind of an offending subject.

Tonight I am sure I will find it hard to sleep thinking that the culprit may return to inflict more damage on my defenseless Box. As I drove around town I couldn't help feeling like the entire front end of my xB was destroyed. Tomorrow I will wash the effected area and attempt to paint the said area to cover the damage.

Please wish me luck as I attempt to make my baby whole again and bring her to the pristine state she was at as recently as last night. I mean to scare no one but always remember, this could happen to you!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Spray some bug and tar on it and remove that nasty orange color!

My back bumper is messed up bc first someone in my building backed into me with NO note and then someone tried to steal my box and when they couldn't they pushed him down hilll into oncoming traffic :eek: he hit a wooden sign.

My front was already messed up from when my husband owned it bc he wasn't careful!!

:(

I feel for you!!!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
short bus said:
THAT SUCKS SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN hey you going to autobacs on sunday?
I am if I can get over the embarassment of having that scrape on my bumper. I will also be putting in my new stereo system if everything goes right. Hope to see you there.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
ummm that's from someone in yer car hitting a curb or parking lot headstone...... either that or someone dragged something concrete over yer front lip....

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LuvmyxB said:
Spray some bug and tar on it and remove that nasty orange color!

My back bumper is messed up bc first someone in my building backed into me with NO note and then someone tried to steal my box and when they couldn't they pushed him down hilll into oncoming traffic :eek: he hit a wooden sign.

My front was already messed up from when my husband owned it bc he wasn't careful!!

:(

I feel for you!!!
Thanks for the kind words...I'm on the lookout for anything orange.:eek:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hotbox05 said:
ummm that's from someone in yer car hitting a curb or parking lot headstone...... either that or someone dragged something concrete over yer front lip....

Good theory, I even questioned myself as to whether I could have hit anything. I dismissed that theory though since I am the only one who drives it, I don't go near parking stones, I don't park within a foot of any curbs and I specifically was looking at it when I parked it last night. One of my neighbors came over to tell me I left my lights on....

I'm not anal about a lot of things, but with my Box....anal to the max!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
hotbox05 said:

I strongly agree, being a body man. If someone where to rub a tire against it, the marks would be going down not horizontal. Looks like you got to close to a yellow curb. You were going forward when you hit it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Padanky said:
I strongly agree, being a body man. If someone where to rub a tire against it, the marks would be going down not horizontal. Looks like you got to close to a yellow curb. You were goind forward when you hit it.
I agree as well. But it could have been a skateboard mower or something similar.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I honestly think if it were something else there would be more damage. Im not trying to be mean but IMO Id rather think I did it than to think someone did it and couldn't care less. JMO

But it does look like curb rash to me too.

I hope you get it fixed tho and feel better about it.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a quick reply to those who think I did this damage to my own vehicle. WTF? I got up and took a picture of my bumper, posted it on the internet and blamed it on someone else? Since no one on here sees me on a daily basis and would have no way of knowing that I had caused damage to my Box, why would I take the time and bother to show it you all? I do find it humorous that anyone would doubt my word and post a reply that basically says I'm lying about my car being damaged when they have no idea who I am or what kind of person I am. My girlfriend and I are laughing out loud at the replies.

Please continue to be amateur C.S.I.'s and I'll enjoy reading your posts.

:D

Oh, and for those of you who missed the sarcastic tone of the fist post, please read again.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Padanky said:
I strongly agree, being a body man. If someone where to rub a tire against it, the marks would be going down not horizontal. Looks like you got to close to a yellow curb. You were going forward when you hit it.

psssssssssssst: it's orange paint. And to be able to hit that small of an area of my bumper against a curb with no other damage would be a fine piece of driving don't you think?

Thanks for the input. ;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks exactly like the scrape I got from a kid on a skateboard.

Same place, direction of scrape. When mine happened it set off my alarm as well.

Dang skateboarders doing the tricks around my car.:mad:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
psssssssssssst: it's orange paint. And to be able to hit that small of an area of my bumper against a curb with no other damage would be a fine piece of driving don't you think?

Thanks for the input. ;)

The part that is scraped sticks out further than any other part on the bumper. It's a very light rub, what ever did it was solid and rough. A curb wouldn't really hit any higher than that. Well, you where driving it not me. Where did you drive yesterday, any curbs in the area. I don't see anything else doing that damage.

Home depot has them Orange cart that you carry lumber. Only thing else I can think of.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
drunk kid on skate board hits xb and bails film at 11:00 this is short bus and now a word from our sponsors.................

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
short bus said:
drunk kid on skate board hits xb and bails film at 11:00 this is short bus and now a word from our sponsors.................
Good one Dave!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ThunderGod said:
would this be another suspected area also?
in your original pic, it looks orangise also.

in any case, sand it smooth, mask the area around it and spray lightly. you can do it :)

Suspect area inspected, dead bug. Poor thing. The good news is I can fix it and I found a place on line that sells the exact Scion PW paint in a spray can for 25 bucks. One day shipping to the OC too!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Padanky said:
The part that is scraped sticks out further than any other part on the bumper. It's a very light rub, what ever did it was solid and rough. A curb wouldn't really hit any higher than that. Well, you where driving it not me. Where did you drive yesterday, any curbs in the area. I don't see anything else doing that damage.

Home depot has them Orange cart that you carry lumber. Only thing else I can think of.

Nope didn't drive in any parking lots yesterday. I don't use the Box for Home Depot, have an S-10 Blazer for that. The vehicle is parked in an alley with no curbs. On the rare occasion that it is driven to work it is backed into a stall with no curb on either side.

As stated earlier the bumper was inspected albeit unintentionally, when I showed the led's in my headlights to the neighbor who thought I had left my headlights on.

In addition, there is still the alarm situation. The notification by beeping that the alarm had been activated during the night. By this one piece of evidence I know that what ever occurred, it happen while I slumbered.

Look for more in depth photos for analysis tomorrow. So far I'd have to go with Frogbox and Shortbus with their theory of the skateboarder.

·
Banned
77 Posts
looks like a grind and not a scrape...
like something you hit while driving...
i've done the exact same damage hitting a plastic post/pillar
on the street. i know stupid. i wasn't paying attention.
just one small spot of damage like yours.
the fact that your alarm went off and this damage could
have no connection.

maybe jack daniel was driving and not you??

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.