Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The nice folks at ScionShoppe had me out today so they could install the first production set of their new seat covers. I had the good fortune to buy the very first set of seat covers they made for an xB and now I have the very first set of the new covers. (other than the set in their xb)

The new covers use no velour, it's all vinyl material and looks much better in my opinion. They look much more like a leather interior.

I started out this morning by gassing up

Grabbed some snacks for the drive

Hit the road at 9:30 am with the trip odometer reset

I wasn't even on the freeway for a mile and I saw an RS3 Box

Started out with a good average speed

Driving through downtown L.A.

Ran into some traffic

Found out why, a fender bender

Saw a nice Mustang on the way

Saw a few more xB's on the road

Finally I hit Oxnard!

Lots of farmland by the shop

Jan was waiting there for me when I arrived

Into the shop with the surfcitylocal ride, the BOP belongs to the owners fo the ScionShoppe.

All the covers waiting to be sent out

Less than two hours and a little over 83 miles

While I was there I installed a set of GoldLine springs on their Box. I also installed a new set of red OBX pedals and a set of underdash/underseat red cold cathodes.

Before:

Before:

After:

After:

They look so much better lowered!

Time for lunch

Joe and George aren't waiting for me!

The girls who sew the seats together enjoying some pizza

Pizza and Pie

After lunch it was time to get on with the installation!

Jeff and Susan getting the fit just right

After a two hour drive home to Huntington Beach I can say the new seat covers are just as comfortable as the old ones and look much better.

If you are interested in the new seat covers check them out at ScionShoppe's website: www.scionshoppe.com

Thanks Joe, Jan, Jeff and Susan for the new covers and the lunch!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That’s it; I’m placing my order soon

They will be mine :)

Looks great Taz, you had no trouble driving that long with the leg?
Is it all better now?

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Okay Taz - now all I want to know is after that drive were you stuck to the vinyl ????

Looks really good - also looks like they fit alot tighter than the OG cloth ones. I guess I need to come buy and see them.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Wow those look awesome! I like those SO much better than the first sets (no offense meant towards anyone). I may have to get them! They do sponsorships at all?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The updated black material is a nice touch. Trust me when I say that the first gens, if you never saw them up close, look really good too. Pics don't do those justice, either gen. The added color to the headrests is a nice touch as well.

Don't forget, I ran the 1st gen light blues for a season, and I got compliments left and right.... Though the judges looked past them like they were junk.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They will be mine :)

Looks great Taz, you had no trouble driving that long with the leg?
Is it all better now?
They are looking forward to your call and the leg is doing just fine thanks for asking. ;)

Okay Taz - now all I want to know is after that drive were you stuck to the vinyl ????

Looks really good - also looks like they fit alot tighter than the OG cloth ones. I guess I need to come buy and see them.
No sticking, no sweating. I really liked my OG set but these just have a richer look to them.

oh crap that looks sweet as hell!! i take it the website is now 2nd gen seat covers?
They will still offer both types of covers. They will also be making covers for the new xB and the xD when they are released to the dealers.

Wow those look awesome! I like those SO much better than the first sets (no offense meant towards anyone). I may have to get them! They do sponsorships at all?
Thanks Scotty, give them a call about the sponsorships, they do offer a discount for car club members.

The updated black material is a nice touch. Trust me when I say that the first gens, if you never saw them up close, look really good too. Pics don't do those justice, either gen. The added color to the headrests is a nice touch as well.

Don't forget, I ran the 1st gen light blues for a season, and I got compliments left and right.... Though the judges looked past them like they were junk.
I actually won a couple of "Best Interiors" with my first set. These give the interior a better look and the will be much easier to keep clean since the lint won't stick to the velour anymore. :D

Thanks for all the nice comments, the folks at ScionShoppe will be pleased.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Forgive me but they look like poorly fitted, obviously vinyl, after market seat covers.

I wondered how much they cost and visited their web site but didn't find a price list. What would an average buyer have to pay for their product similar to what they installed for you?

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Forgive me but they look like poorly fitted, obviously vinyl, after market seat covers.

I wondered how much they cost and visited their web site but didn't find a price list. What would an average buyer have to pay for their product similar to what they installed for you?
If you do not like them why would you want to know how much they are???

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
These are actually the best set of seat covers you can get for the car. I had a set of the blue contemporary style from gen 1 and as I said above, I got nothing but compliments from people.

If you've ever seen any of the cars with the factory leather upgrade, you'd see some of the same ripples even on a direct replacement kit. For the money you spend, you get top notch quality and craftsmanship, trust me.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Um, they are after market seat covers and they are vinyl, guess we didn't fool you. =) If you have a pic of a better fitting after market seat cover, I'd like to see it. This set doesn't require you to spend two grand for leather and you don't have to remove the stock material and covering to install.

They do need a little tucking but the temp inside the shop was too chilly for any kind of pulling. Once they are in the sun for a while I'll be able to get a better fitment on them. The back seat needs to be pulled farther back on the lower section. The same problems will be experience with much more expensive leather.

The set sells for 425 with a discount to car club members. The web site will be updated soon to reflect the new product. This is the first production set they have made so there weren't any pics to post up. The pre-production set in on their xB, wish I had taken pics of it, they look great and have been on their ride for almost a year.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, I'm excited for ya Taz, but simultaneously a little bummed. Cause i just bought mine a couple weeks back and...this option wasn't even discussed with me (I did place my order via telephone too). I'm not a big fan of velour so i'm sure i would like the new ones better. I only got front seats and headrests. My rear seats are removed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Surfcitylocal replied:
Um, they are after market seat covers and they are vinyl, guess we didn't fool you. =) If you have a pic of a better fitting after market seat cover, I'd like to see it. This set doesn't require you to spend two grand for leather and you don't have to remove the stock material and covering to install.
It's you that wants to compare obviously vinyl seatcovers to leather. You first did so when you said: "They look much more like a leather interior" in your original post and then again when you said: "This set doesn't require you to spend two grand for leather" in the above quoted post.

He goes on to say:
They do need a little tucking but the temp inside the shop was too chilly for any kind of pulling.
Abundant California sunshine and all the global warming predicted by Al Gore will not straighten out some of the problems with this installation (particularly the poor fitting head rests).

I didn't mean to piss on your parade and immediately after posting I thought to myself that I was being a little crass but by then it was too late. So since Iv'e already got your dander up, don't you think you should have mentioned the deal (in the interest of full disclosure)?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.