·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
691 Posts
The guy that runs our Arkansas chapter pulls a little trailer with his.
As long as you keep it light, like a trailer designed to be pulled by a motorcyle, you will be fine.

It's something I'm hoping to do in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I read that it's not a good thing to pull a trailer with it...that'd be so cute to see a little xB trailer. lol.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have to think that Frankenscion is right, despite Toyota's admonitions to the contrary. A little motor-cycle type trailer can't hurt, unless it's loaded with 2000 lbs. of cinder blocks.

Anyone have a pic?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xb Munkee said:
You can also use a trailer hitch for a bike rack, instead of putting racks on the roof and ruining the xB's areodynamics, I am probally going this route as I am an avid cyclist.....
the xB's aerodynamics? What aerodynamics? It's square.

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Their was a guy down at Exposed in Dallas that had a trailor with his Hyabusa on it..he said he pulled it everywhere with no problems... and it was a hitch from Ebay...

·
Registered
13 Posts
caden_stargate said:
Ah you've noticed, nothing gets by you, But the roofline line is Smooth and air pulls along it smoothly, putting racks on the roof would dramatically increase wind drag, and I bet the xB is actually more aero than you think....

·
Registered
13 Posts
caden_stargate said:

OK Capn, Ol Scotti here has been down in engineering doing some research.

here are some actual drag coefficients #'s to compare

an actual Brick 2.1 (whats boxier than a brick)
Scion xB .35 (looks good against a brick)
Dodge Durango .39
VW Beetle .38
Mazda Miata .38
Honda Civic .32
Honda Insight .25

So compared to small Honda's The xB has drag, compared to other vehicles The xB holds its own.....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Myopic,

where are you finding that part, exactly? I went to www.scion.com and couldn't find it. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I also noticed that Scion/Toyota doesn't recommend putting one of those bike attachments on as a hitch attachment, either, although it seems as though if you did it right, it would be ok.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
FrankenScion said:
The guy that runs our Arkansas chapter pulls a little trailer with his.
As long as you keep it light, like a trailer designed to be pulled by a motorcyle, you will be fine.
Yup, there's a few that tow small trailers.

And as Jon typed, as long as you keep it light, it should be fine.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i've been thinking about getting a hitch but only to get the Softride bbq pit. Great for tailgating at A's games!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks, Myopic.

When they say, "Receiver Attchment', I wonder if they mean that little hook/eye thing that is right by the spare tire that you hook up to either end of the xb for pulling it out of a ditch, or when it's stuck?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.