Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my very first car a 2012 Scion xb Taxi! they say being a fleeting company their kept well maintained, I guess. So that's what sold me on it,800$ and I had my first car ,title and all! but now it's less than 2 months later My boyfriend says it had a rod knock. I know nothing about cars So I'm asking for your guys' help out here with where i should go from here. Should I just cut my losses and scrap this sucker and make like 500$ to put toward NEW CAR. ?
Or I can get a full parts car with 200.000miles on engine for 700$ take it to buddy's shop, he'll swap engines for me for 800$ and then I'd have a 2012 Scion xb with 200.000 miles on it... I really enjoy the shape and size but is it really worth all this trouble xb lovers? Because I really don't have cash to be throwing around at all..hmmm let me know what you think

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,647 Posts
Dump it. You're still looking at a 200k mile engine. An engine design btw that has known issues. You'd be throwing another $1500 at a car that is definitely at the end of it's useful life. There are a lot of other things that will have worn out at this point, bushings, suspension, bearing and lots of other parts. Wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

·
**** in a Box
1,499 Posts
You shouldn't have bought it in the first place, especially if you're not knowledgeable about cars and how to learn repair work. It needs life support.

Sell it for $500 as soon as possible and stop driving it immediately.

they say being a fleeting company their kept well maintained, I guess
Nope, the means the drivers beat the piss out of it and fleet vehicles are rarely maintained well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts