Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Somebody backed into the rear passenger door on my daughter's 2012 XB. I picked up one from a wrecking yard but I can't figure out how to correctly remove the harness that connects at the body. Anyone know how to properly remove this without destroying it?

View attachment 78188
I'm about to swap a couple of REAR doors. I got these off at the junkyard, but I destroyed the part that was in the car doing so. I'd like to not do that on the car I'm putting these doors on. How the heck does this thing come off?? The front ones are easy. Just disconnect at the kick panel, and pull through.

Similar question from another user from 2 years ago. No one knew?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
244 Posts
I too am interested in this. I want to swap rear hatchback doors on 2 of my 2006 xBs. I had no luck finding any info or videos online... The wiring is obviously our concern.

I imagine the plug has to be on the car side, not the door side? Has anyone ever removed their rear door? Does it have to be fully supported somehow to gain access to the wiring/plug?

Also, nice bass!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too am interested in this. I want to swap rear hatchback doors on 2 of my 2006 xBs. I had no luck finding any info or videos online... The wiring is obviously our concern.

I imagine the plug has to be on the car side, not the door side? Has anyone ever removed their rear door? Does it have to be fully supported somehow to gain access to the wiring/plug?

Also, nice bass!
This is what I know. At the junkyard, I was able to wiggle the part of the harness inside the pillar out, but I could see no feasible way to separate the two ends. I have the doors and I clipped the part of the car just to analyze. I'll snap some pictures.

Oh and the bass is a Yamaha BB605. I actually sold it a few years ago because it developed a truss rod issue where there was no more adjustment. I should have taken it to a pro, But it was a really good bass. My number 1 for years.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
244 Posts
Pics would definitely be awesome, thank you in advance.

Never had a Yamaha bass, but I've owned a brand new Jay Turser Stingray clone that I loved, but it was a very wide neck for my small hands. Ended up finding a nice "real" (Their 'squier' version, anyway) Ernie Ball Musicman/Stingray. I lurvs it, very solid guitar and sounds awesome. Neck is just right. Played for about 10 years or so in a fun lil band. Lost a few members, so that stopped, but one day I'm sure I'll hop back into some musical shenanigans somewhere. People always seem to need bassists. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts