Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bringing your Scion xb to a road trip. Do you guys have trouble driving your scion in a long haul trip? like 500 miles +

Passing thru mountianous interstates? I 77 or US 19 in WV?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grizzly_choppers said:
Last summer I did about 2000 miles in a week going to Colorado for MITM. I love the xB for road trips, but you should add cruise if you haven't already. It's a life saver!

-Alex
ya
didnt have cruise LOL :( all stock

·
Registered
288 Posts
I put on about 1400 miles going to that same show in Colorado. I switched between my xB and a friends xB and both cars did good. Even crossing the continental divide didnt seem to be a problem. I averaged 30 mpg's and that was with average highway speeds of 80-95 mph's.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
90mph is close to 4000 rpm.

i taken my xB on a long trip before. from LA to Sacramento, i got 34mpg!!!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
haha my first long road trip in the box, isn't even a road trip really. Doin it Vegas style in July.. Extreme Auto Fest here i come! lol

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Just made a turn-around trip to Kingman AZ (to visit the wifes Grandma) Box did great averaged 29mpg w/ AC on and averaging 90-100....and the pic below proves it......LOL

:D :D :D :D :D :D .....................................:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
im goin from central kansas to miami florida on june 12 (24 hours of driving time) so i will let you know how it does.
also whats the speed governer or top speed of the xB ive gotten to a measely 90 only because my fiancee didnt want to get a ticket

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm planning a trip to visit my son who lives on Gun Lake just south of Wayland, MI the middle of June. About 1500 mi round trip. I won't be driving at the speeds I see in this thread as I usually stay at or below the speed limit. Hopefully the sorry ass MI roads will be in better condition than the last time I visited.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I just moved to Texas from Missouri in it and it did awesome!! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think at 90 mph it was about 4200 rpm. The box seems to cruise really nicely between 80-85 mph.

Although the fastest I have taken it up to is 115.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't know about real long trips, SF Bay Area to Reno, average 42 mpg cruising with atrack ( drafting) did great.

SF Bay Area to **** , WA. ( just 2.5 mile from Canadian Border) 11.5 hour drive time 1 way average 43 mpg ( drafting when possible). They really like to run between 4K rpms and 5.5k ( radar detector, cb radio). Followed a trucker friend on a long haul.

Really need cruise control ( they also need to control Tom C as well, the nut).
It would make it nicer, no cramps in the calf.

HA HA HA HA !!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^
I did a quick check and found the magic word blocked out. Forgot about that. But I needed a real good laugh, even if short lived. I am really not in a cheery mood but that helped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just went from Jacksonville FL up the 77 to Columbus OH 2 weekends ago cruised at around 80mph the whole way in my box

NICE TRIP!! road back kinda sucked just cause there was a rain band from OH all the way home in FL 13 hours of rain driving was horrible..but the box still did great.

I love the gas mileage of these things!!!!! better than most cars I love it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've gone on a bunch of 100+ mile days trips and it's been lovely, especially keeping my sometimes weird friends entertained with the overhead DVD player :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I made that colorado trip last summer too from Iowa, it was a great car for the trip...be sure to add cruise though, I didn't have it, and my foot got numb... but that would happen in any car on a long trip without cruise...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh well i will be taking my box i bought 4 weeks ago for a trip from Raleigh, nc to pittsburgh..i will be going thru the mountianous area I 77 and US19....kinda worried me that the box might not make the hill haha. Is auto btw

·
Registered
78 Posts
has anyone driven through miami? i hope with my auto i dont have problems zipping into traffic, i would hate to get rearended!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.