Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my xb a couple of months ago and LOVE it!! Especially the 34mpg I'm getting to and from work. Last night I typed in 'scion xb' on my search bar and came across numerous articles saying that production of the xa and xb was being stopped this December. There was a quote from some Toyota exec saying something about the scion being an experimental item that was being changed for a new model in 2008. Anyone else see this stuff? :confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
yes, it's true. Scion said from the begining that each model would only run for 3 years and then a new model would replace it. I've seen the replacement for the xb and let me just say, good luck Scion. It looks like a PT on steroids :(

There is not going to be an 07 xb, they are just going to bring out the new model in 08

here is a link to help ya decide for yourself

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f2/834-new-bb-details/

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
watkins140 said:
Bought my xb a couple of months ago and LOVE it!! Especially the 34mpg I'm getting to and from work. Last night I typed in 'scion xb' on my search bar and came across numerous articles saying that production of the xa and xb was being stopped this December. There was a quote from some Toyota exec saying something about the scion being an experimental item that was being changed for a new model in 2008. Anyone else see this stuff? :confused:
Pretty much what you saw....

9/12/2006 Torrance, CA
September 12, 2006 – Torrance, CA - Scion, from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A. Inc., will launch two new vehicles in spring 2007 to replace current generation xA and xB.

"The xA and xB will always be very special models for us and have contributed greatly to Scion's success, but we're ready to move into our next product phase," said Mark Templin, vice president, Scion. "Scion is a laboratory for change and we will continue to experiment and evolve to meet the needs of our customers."

xA and xB launched in California in June 2003 and completed their nationwide rollout in June 2004. Since their launch 72,011 xA's and 139,091 xB's have been sold nationwide through July 2006.

Production of the 2006 xA and xB will conclude in December of this year. The two all-new vehicles will be designated as 2008 models when they arrive at Scion dealerships next year

Source: Scion Public Relations Press Room

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
caden_stargate can show us pictures of it when she gets back from Miami in December, probably... :D

Tomas

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
um ok. and you are here at club xB why ?

the t2b is hideous. he day us

it will lose it's small nimble , gas sipping qualities for slighty faster , much more weight , clumsy , retarded.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I remember back when Coca Cola introduced New Coca Cola and discontinued what they now call Coca Cola Classic. I don't think there are enough xA and xB owners to give Toyota the volume of complaints that Coca Cola recieved so future Scion buyers will be stuck with whatever Toyota/Scion produces. The t2b gives UGLY a whole new meaning. I can say for sure I won't be one of the future Scion buyers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How many of us still get those letters asking for feedback when we bring our Scion in for service? Does anyone have a corporate feedback phone number? Don't we all have free long distance on our cell phones?

Put them all together, combined with mentioning the opinions of the forums we belong to.. and perhaps we can convince Toyota that their "market research" will be conducted more logically when it comes to the newer xB.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
1 866 70 SCION <===

They seem to have done their research, and as usual "longer, lower, wider, more power" won...

BUT, no point in calling Scion if you haven't even seen the new models yet. At this point 99.99% of us have no idea what we are talking about yet.

Tomas

·
Registered
168 Posts
hotbox05 said:
um ok. and you are here at club xB why ?

the t2b is hideous. he day us

it will lose it's small nimble , gas sipping qualities for slighty faster , much more weight , clumsy , retarded.

ok i dont know about you but if you think the new xb looks better than the t2b YOUR crazy. the new xb looks nasty im sorry. the t2b has the led headlights clean ass interior, clean rims,im sorry but i dont see how you car looks clean right now with your bad taste imo. your tellin me your willing to give up the t2b for the new xb that comes with those wimpy ass hub caps probably,and probably the same size engine mayb alittle bigger. but what ever to each his own i guess.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
bb05 said:
ok i dont know about you but if you think the new xb looks better than the t2b YOUR crazy. the new xb looks nasty im sorry. the t2b has the led headlights clean ass interior, clean rims,im sorry but i dont see how you car looks clean right now with your bad taste imo. your tellin me your willing to give up the t2b for the new xb that comes with those wimpy ass hub caps probably,and probably the same size engine mayb alittle bigger. but what ever to each his own i guess.
what new xB are you talking about?

the 08 usdm xB replacement is 85% t2b. the new bB in japan will not come to the united states and is just as ugly as the t2b.

the t2b's led headlights , single foglight , factory 20's , led interior , odd interior , one side suicide/one side sliding doors , will NOT make it into production.

the crappy 2.4 2azfe motor WILL make it to production.

and what is not clean about my car? and at what point did we start talking about personal cars? I was referring to the usdm xB aka 2nd gen bB aka current xB

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just let it go, dude.. ;)

It would be nice for a photoshop or illustrator wizard (who's bored as hell) to conjure up the pseudo-"t2b" that hotbox is saying will be shipped over.

Sounds like a decent amount of the changes are under the hood/chassis, though.

Just don't tell me that the doors are going to be sliding doors on both sides. An xB minivan.. that's all we need!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.