Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know I have the seatcovers from Scion Shoppe. In fact, I have the first set they made for a Scion. They were called the Seat Cover Factory back then but the Scion industry has given them so much business that they have opened a division just for our beloved vehicles.

Rodney (hawiianbuilt) and I went out to see the factory in Oxnard yesterday and here are some pics of our trip.

The factory is located in a farming area and the sweet smell of cilantro was heavy in the air as we made our way through the fields.

We finally arrived and met the owner and employees of Scion Shoppe. It's a family run business with Dad, Mom, Grandpa and Grandma and the kids all working there.

Here's Jan walking through part of the stock department. Lot's of covers ready to be shipped to excited Scion owners.

Here is the master craftsman Joe who is designing my door panels and working like a dog to get them completed before the Las Vegas Scion VIP show. He's a genius!

Here's Steve. He's in charge of sales and you'll be seeing a lot of him at our shows and meets. This is one hard working guy. If you see him at a show buy him a soda or something. Yes, that's Rodney drooling over the many styles and colors available for the seat covers!

Joe making sure everything fits just right.

The machine that cuts out the seat patterns, it's awesome to watch!

A lot of the work is done by computer and machine but not all of it....

Lots of stock just waiting for your order.

Showing off my engine compartment to Jeff the owner who is also a custom car buff. He's thinking about buying an xB for his daughter...do it Jeff!

Getting closer to being done, everyone getting into the job.

Rodney helping to get a panel installed, he's awesome with a screwdriver!

Joe proclaims victory! The job is done.

Here is the first complete set of Scion Shoppe door panel inserts anywhere and just in time for Vegas!

Even I got into the job. Joe had a little surprise for me and fabricated a first, one off rear hatch cover panel. It's made out of the same material as the door inserts and the seat cover panels.

The banner I'll be sporting for Scion Shoppe in Vegas.

A job well done. After much work, planning development, trial and error and a lot of sweat, Joe has finished the first complete prototype of the door panel inserts. They will be available for order very soon. You can check them out in my Box at the upcoming shows and meets. I think you'll be as impressed as I am. Well, OK, maybe not this impressed...

You'll dig them though.

Thanks to all the peeps at Scion Shoppe who made us feel like family and worked their butts off to have these ready for the NHRA Scion VIP show in Las Vegas. You all ROCK!

And special thanks to Rodney for goign with to make the trip that much more enjoyable. We give the Fried Pickles at Applebee's two thumbs up!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
rofl @ last pic.

Those look great. I'll definetly buy a set when they're available.

Interesting to know who's behind the scenes. But very cool that it's a family operation.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for sharing Taz. I want to buy some but they don't make the color I want... hopefully they'll do it soon though, they look good!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DodgerGirl said:
Thanks for sharing Taz. I want to buy some but they don't make the color I want... hopefully they'll do it soon though, they look good!
What color?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DodgerGirl said:
White (got a plan for them) & I don't want leather (katskinz)...
I guess you mean all white. Ya, they only have black for the outside material. Now you've got my curiosity peaked for what you have planned.....

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
You're such a trendsetter, Taz! Nice pics for sure, and the door panels look really sweet.

And the hatch panel...... WOW!!!!!!

·
FUSCION
331 Posts
:) HEY CLUB xB FOLKS !!! :)

The awesome folks at Scion Shoppe are awesome !!!

TAZ and I literally spent the whole day (11am-5pm) there with them observing,
assisting, installing, and getting to know the wonderful family there at Scion Shoppe !!!

Like TAZ said, they will be visiting many of the So Cal Scion Clubs and
letting them know about their business and their product.

Personally, I can't afford a set of high end Racing Seats, this is a wonderful alternative
for peeps like me. The quality for the pricing is amazing !!!
If anyone has any questions regarding pricing, colors, styles, etc. regarding
Scion Shoppe please don't hesitate to contact TAZ or myself !!!

Upon order I see a Scion Shoppe Seat Cover Tech Day awaiting !!!

Many thanks again to TAZ for the offer and drive up to Oxnard, I'll be making
my trek up there today for another great Scion Shoppe Installation Product to be unveiled
alongside TAZ at the SCION VIP event in LAS VEGAS !!!

:) Oh, don't knock FRIED PICKLES until you've tried it, they're ...
MAJORLY YUM-YUMMY !!! :)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, Taz! :D Jeff and I are talking about attending the Vegas show, now. We don't have kids for a few weeks so .... Maybe we'll see ya there! You AND your Scion Shoppe! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those look awesome Taz. So did Joe and my design on having stay on the door work then? I got an email from him today. I go next week to get mine fitting:D THe box looks awesome. I was trying to make it to the EAF show also but was short on funds:mad: Oh well. But glad to see everything worked. I gave him that idea for the rear hatch piece too. I told him to make those also. I almost got him convinced on making a headliner kit also. I discuss it with him more when I go down. I'll let you know.:cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sweet. Very nice.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CCSEBlackWidowxB said:
Those look awesome Taz. So did Joe and my design on having stay on the door work then? I got an email from him today. I go next week to get mine fitting:D THe box looks awesome. I was trying to make it to the EAF show also but was short on funds:mad: Oh well. But glad to see everything worked. I gave him that idea for the rear hatch piece too. I told him to make those also. I almost got him convinced on making a headliner kit also. I discuss it with him more when I go down. I'll let you know.:cool:
You have done so much to contribute to the design of these, Joe and everyone at Scion Shoppe speaks so highly of you. The fitmit was a little tough but as you know with each new mold it has improved. We used my back panel for the template and now the computer can cut out a cover in no time at all. I'll also be doing my sub box with the same material, that should really set it off. I don't think they are going to offer the headliner to the public but you never know, I was asking about it while I was there too. Thanks for all your time spent working with Joe on these panels. Look me up in Vegas!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Taz. Just trying to help Joe promote his awesome product. I want to do my headliner in the same fabric as my seats but in the black carbon fiber vinyl.:D

I wish I was going to Vegas, maybe next time. I hope to run into you sometime down south at a show. Have fun at vegas.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Whats the difference between the contemporary with no pillows and the classic with single bar?

Must be nice to be on their webpage...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.