Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to track down a PDF install for the OEM add on security system, P/N 08586-52961 to be exact used on the 06.5 xB with steering wheel controls

No luck at trdsparks or anywhere else, hopefully somebody has a PDF saved somewhere. I found one for a 08586-52960 but there appear to be differences when comparing this harness to the one in the install guide.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I tried to get my Scion security disabled and could not find anything !! Went to the dealer to get some advise and found out that their were 3 different ways to install them !!! G/L with yours !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you trying to disable the system? I've heard it isn't that good of a system but I figured I would give it a shot since I only spent $50 on it. There were 3 different systems available depending on the year of the car and whether or not it had keyless entry so I'm guessing that is why they said there were 3 different ways. Honestly it shouldn't be that hard to remove it since the harness just piggy backs on the existing harness and plugs. You should only have to "correct" one of the plugs on the steering column where you actually have to depin one pin on a connector and move it to another plug on the new harness.

My 2010 xB had the OEM Scion Security on it until I ripped it out after one of the control modules died, it was pretty easy to remove and I'll probably reinstall it since the module is available separately but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I actually think I have it figured out after looking over everything again, I had one branch of the harness confused with another. Like others have said in previous posts 08586-52960 is the same with the exception of one plug that has 2 wires instead of 1 to account for the steering wheel controls, or at least it looks that way.

Hopefully this will hold up better than the 2 DEI(Viper) alarms that have crapped out on me with this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts