Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If it's "personalization", shouldn't it be done by the owner and to their tastes? Cookie cutter individuality. On the other hand, mods with warranties does sound kind of cool!

Like my mom always tells me, "you're unique, just like everyone else". :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well they are doing it to gather more of the automotive kiddies who can shell out big bucks to customize their cars. So why wait and do it afterwards when you can buy it straight from the dealer that way? Slick thinking, but here's the rub.. the amount that they MARK UP those aftermarket accessories as well as the labor to install them is sooooooooooo soooooooooo soooooooooooo not worth it!! I have an EXCELLENT Scion installer friend who is on here, and he'd tell you the same thing. I was over at a dealership recently and was apalled by the amount they are selling the aftermarket items for. When I KNOW it doesn't cost that much outside of the dealership.

They are just hoping that people will go for easily accesible and low wait time, and then push the whole "it's covered by warranty" when most everything is covered as long as you don't eff it up!

*shakes head*

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
EvilScionGrrl said:
Well they are doing it to gather more of the automotive kiddies who can shell out big bucks to customize their cars. So why wait and do it afterwards when you can buy it straight from the dealer that way? Slick thinking, but here's the rub.. the amount that they MARK UP those aftermarket accessories as well as the labor to install them is sooooooooooo soooooooooo soooooooooooo not worth it!! I have an EXCELLENT Scion installer friend who is on here, and he'd tell you the same thing. I was over at a dealership recently and was apalled by the amount they are selling the aftermarket items for. When I KNOW it doesn't cost that much outside of the dealership.

They are just hoping that people will go for easily accesible and low wait time, and then push the whole "it's covered by warranty" when most everything is covered as long as you don't eff it up!

*shakes head*
Yup, I got suckered on a few options when I bought my Box. It pays to talk to people about it before hand. My local dealer charged me .75 for a 15 amp fuse. :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
you know I'd almost have to dissagree with you on that point let me explain, granted some Scion dealers, mine in Ks as an example, are charging full tilt for their accessories, however the price that even they charge is fairly reasonable and has affected the aftermarket pricing as well. For instance Trd is selling short shifters somewhere in the range of $120 other than cheap e-bay stuff a quality aftermarket for a focus or civic is easily that or more but even b&m realizes that you can buy oem quality speed parts for less which drives the price down. my eibach springs cost me $225 from summit for my Focus. Trd price $155 I belive I have found eibachs for the xB for $170. it works the same for headers, exhaust,struts & shocks, and many of the other options. that does not mean that all parts are a good deal it just means that when the factory puts out a part ( we all know they charge too much ) The aftermarket is almost forced to beat their pricing which passes the savings on to us. Not to mention makes for an incredibly strong following in the Scion brand which builds a larger customer base and in turn quantity drives down prices exponentially.....just my $.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.