Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my rate just WENT UP instead of down!!!

I was told bc Scion upped the amounts of insurance drivers need for that car bc they dont fair well in accidents!!!

IS THIS TRUE???

Please let me know asap! They said it came from Scion themselves NOT Gieco!

And dont make fun of Gieco or Geico whatever! I took the place that took me and my hubbie for full coverage for two hundred a month with road side!

Anyone have any info on this??

TIA!!!! :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have Mercury, mine went down for adding another vehicle. I have three on my policy so I'm getting a multi-car discount.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're referring to Scion as a brand, accidents for tCs may not be good for rates. But I assume the xB has better results and less liability issues.. plus not as many speeding ticket problems.
That was part of the reason why I was leaning toward the xB instead of the Mazda 3 or 6 (insurance was crazy for them).. and now especially after seeing the reliability/stability of them, I'm glad I picked the box.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I think we're getting a pretty decent deal for both of ours through Mercury. I haven't heard anything about them raising rates. It also sounds to me like Geico is feeding you poopoo. :p

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They said

Scion xB's went from a number to a letter so the rate went up and that comes from Scion. They even told me to shop around and contact Scion for further information on the rate increase.

She almost scared me with what she was saying to me!! About the wrecks and damage to the boxes and air bags not working. :(

She told me to look online for proof!!

Im assuming wrecked scions dot com or whatever it is.

Thanks everyone!! I might call around tomorrow and see what I come up with!

·
Registered
485 Posts
i am with nationwide and m rates just went down considerably... and thats after my speeding ticket. I would have thought that the boxier shape of the xB would absorb an impact better than a real curvy car, or at least thats what i read.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I have allstate and after my dad changed the insurance from permit driver to liscensed driver it costs over a 1000$ every six months. It was 800 and somethin....hmmm....

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone!! I called again today and I also called around to a few places who would answer on a Sat. My place stuck by their story W/O knowing my name of policy number just general info and the then two places called me back and were higher and said it was bc of my car!! :(

The one thing I failed to ask was, if this is a NV thing, but they told me also it was Scion raising the bar on the amount of insurance drivers must carry, due to the box not holding up well in wrecks. :(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.