Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Scion xB, need more info to determine a problem. My Scion thru a #3 misfire along with a p0010. Replaced vvt solenoid, retested then Engine would go thru 1,2,3 gear, then engine would sputter and die, difficult starting back unless you turn key off then restart. Restart then if you accelerate quickly it dies. Not throwing cel with p0010. Stumped for idea’s of where to troubleshoot next?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After further evaluation of Scion determined, it, is mass air flow sensor. Toyed with it long enough for computer to throw code.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
874 Posts
Good to know about this condition and its cause. For its correction, were you able to clean it, or did you have to replace it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never solved my problem with a New Maf, sensor. Can now drive the Scion about 5 miles before it dies. Still getting p0010 code but replaced vvt I, solenoid, and checked the vvt I, filter also.Replaced fuel pump, yesterday. Pretty much need someone’s input please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already replaced it and after further symptoms showing there colors, Have found the identity of every issue I am having to match crankshaft sensor. Have no rpm’s on my tach, when I spin the engine over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts