Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scion Dealer F@$K up

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  edub 
#1 ·
So tomorrow is the day - after having my Xb for 3.5 weeks and logging 4000 miles with Greddy CAI,Headers, and Exhaust. The dealer calls and needs the car back to get it smogged!! They agreed to remove all the GREDDY Mods, put the OEM Air box , headers back on to pass the smog and then RE INSTALL the Greddy mods!! because it was their **** up. and they are providing me with a loaner.
Wish me luck - I really hope nothing gets damaged over something stupid like this - and then I get stuck making another 59 payments on a less than perfect car.
I'm not gonna stick around to watch the dismantling - might be too painful.

#7 ·
I know Cali laws are tough, but why didn't a brand new car "not" pass the smog check? Even with the after market goodies it should pass with flying colors.
Oh - I think I answered my own question -- Not C.A.R.B. Certified. - Now that sucks!!

#12 ·
Man that was funny - with the Avatar, good thing she is in Arizona - cuz I would get my butt kicked for doing that one. LOL
Greddy makes a full line of CARb parts. but the XB ones are NOT certified - "Yet" ....
Im really hesitant on taking her in today - I would love for their to be another solution.
Anyone have any ideas - or a place down in San Diego County that would pass it for me for a couple extra bucks or whatever ???

let me know - Edub

#13 ·
Well I got my car back - they put me in a loaner COROLLA - 2007 in new cond. for the weekend. Saturday they called and let me know that the Air Intake was ok - but that the Headers were not - those had to be removed.
I got my box back with the OEM headers on it and a check for 200 dollars so I could get my Greddy's put back on someplace else. ( legally they couldnt do it ) whatever- it is all good. I got the headers heat wrapped and installed yesterday right after I picked the car up. I just hope that Greddy gets the CARB #'s I need before I have to go through all this again!!!
heat warapped headers photos coming soon -

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.