Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Real Friends > Car Clubs
1,932 Posts
Looks like the new "xB" gets 22C/28H MPG and starts at a little over $17,100 for an automatic. Glad I got one of the last first gens. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on, I think I'll be trading mine in. If 6 MPG is enough for me to not buy a car, then I don't think I could afford it in the first place.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It wont work for me(the site).

·
Registered
71 Posts
i agree we have the "real xbs" the new ones may have some cool stuff but have you heard about the gas mileage

·
Registered
7 Posts
i agree we have the "real xbs" the new ones may have some cool stuff but have you heard about the gas mileage
The 1st gen xB gets 28/31 on the new mileage system. The 2nd gen is 22/28. It's definitely a penalty, but with 10 cu. ft. more passenger space and 8 cu. ft. more cargo space, its still more utility for the money than anything else. The 50hp and 57 ft. lbs. are big pluses too. I was really hoping for a 5 speed automatic though.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The 1st gen xB gets 28/31 on the new mileage system. The 2nd gen is 22/28. It's definitely a penalty, but with 10 cu. ft. more passenger space and 8 cu. ft. more cargo space, its still more utility for the money than anything else. The 50hp and 57 ft. lbs. are big pluses too. I was really hoping for a 5 speed automatic though.

You must've missed the fact that the new "xB" weighs about 3100 lbs.

oh, and it still has a rear torsion bar suspension...but it doesn't even come stock with a swaybar, unlike the original xB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You must've missed the fact that the new "xB" weighs about 3100 lbs.

oh, and it still has a rear torsion bar suspension...but it doesn't even come stock with a swaybar, unlike the original xB.

Nope. You must have missed the fact that that most places who have gotten a chance to drive it says it handles better than the original. The extra poundage hasn't really stopped it from being a better accelerating and handling car than the original.

New: 19 lbs/hp 3020 lbs
Original: 22 lbs/hp 2415 lbs

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=120544

Most notibly: The '08 xB feels more substantial and more stable, and it's ultimately more satisfying to drive than the previous model. It still has a relatively high center of gravity, so body roll is your constant companion. But when a corner arrives, the new xB leans smoothly and progressively as the force of physics makes its presence known, allowing you to pour the car into turns more smoothly than the somewhat tippy original.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
i dont know but the modified pictures they have of the "xB" wannabe make it look pretty nice. Pictures do it justice and i do dig the new interior, well most of it. Still stickin original though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dont know but the modified pictures they have of the "xB" wannabe make it look pretty nice. Pictures do it justice and i do dig the new interior, well most of it. Still stickin original though.

With as much highway driving as I have to do, the new one is probably better for me. My friend has an RS 3.0 that is great, but it's really a city car. He steers clear of short off ramps. I think the new xB still keeps the essence of the original. It just grew up (and out) a little. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm sure the new wanna xb is a fine car but i don't agree that it keeps the essence or spirit of the OG xb. They totally americanized the damn thing. For the gas mileage the new xb gets, I would just buy a rav4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sure the new wanna xb is a fine car but i don't agree that it keeps the essence or spirit of the OG xb. They totally americanized the damn thing. For the gas mileage the new xb gets, I would just buy a rav4.
Edmunds only average 19mpg in mixed driving with their 4x4 tester. The 2wd version is only rated at 1mpg higher. This will most likely be reflected in the 2008 Rav4 new gas mileage rating. The new xB doesn't give up any passenger space to the Rav4 and only gives up 7 cu. ft. of cargo behind the 2nd row. That's excellent given that the xB is 14" shorter than the Rav4. The only reason I'd pick a Rav4 over an '08 xB is to tow a small trailer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I sooo agree that they "americanized" it i mean i bought my car because it reminded me of japan and it was different, now they look like some pt curser/nastyness.Im not trying to dog on anyone who wants one but now that the 1st gens are "future collectable cars" im that much more excited to have mine.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The xB2 was a nice drive, handled surface irregularities much more smoothly than the xB Classic, but also leaned a LOT more on corners (even though it took them well). The feel from inside is of a much larger, heavier car. (BTW, the xB2 has a LOT of extra sound deadening built in to the structure compared to the original.)

It's a good car, and an excellent buy, and there should be people lined up waiting for them. Lots of great features. Still, though, there are some things about it that I don't care for. Each person will have to make their own choices and decisions. (Mine is: I like the Classic better.) :)

P.S. I just noticed this on one of the build-your-own pages: "Installation not included for some accessories"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.