Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I'm in the process of getting an xB and I applied online for a credit "Pre-Approval" at Scion.com. Well I got approved, but my question is, Is this "Pre-Approval" a guarantee that I will be approved when I go down to the dealership? Or is this just a way for them to get me down there? Has anyone gone through this route in buying their xB? Any feedback would be great. I have been a looker here and I love what I see, this is a great club!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea PM Grizzly Choppers. He knows is ish since hes like pretty big at Wilson Scion. He could help ya out! His name is Alex and hes a pretty kick ass guy. If anyone can help, its him!

scotty

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on..!!! Sweet.. thanks guys I'll do that! :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
A friend of mine did everything online, and when he went to the dealer they had him fill out another on paper. Some of his info was different and it screwed up the whole process.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Padanky said:
A friend of mine did everything online, and when he went to the dealer they had him fill out another on paper. Some of his info was different and it screwed up the whole process.
That sucks.... I know I'll be filling out the actual application(paper) when I get down there, that's not a problem for me. My info in the online application will be the same when I go to the dealership, so I'm not worried about that. I'm just thinking they'll put another twist to it to give me a hard time, like giving me an accuse for me to put more money down or something...

Thanks for all the help so far.. :eek:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Call Alex, He ran me the VIN on this other RS1 xB im looking at. He got all the info I needed.

Paul

PS it help to know some peeps in the automotive business. There are a few peeps on here that work at dealerships.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I did it online and they (Toyota of Dallas) either lied or misrepresented to me my "pre-approved" interest rate. They dragged me through the whole process and at the last second came out and changed the numbers. I was pissed, but still ended up negotiating what I considered to be a good deal.....and to their credit, everything else worked out fine. They got me the color and model that I wanted.

But to this day, I feel as though it was intentional.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did it online at scion.com (Scion Solutions powered Toyota Financial Services) and got approved within a few minutes. Well, I'll go down to the dealership soon and we'll see what happens. Thanks everyone for their feedbacks!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
i did it online and when i got to the dealership they told me the only thing that would change was the interest rate. they looked at it again and and had to give me a higher interest than originally stated. no complaints though i knew my credit was not the greatest to Begin with

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I got pre-approved through my credit union, and when i went to the dealer they had to run my credit again...aint that a B...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update:

Well, got my xb about a few weeks ago through Toyota Financial per Scion.com Pre-Approval. The only catch was, if you apply at Scion.com for pre-approval, (if you qualify) they'll approve you but ONLY for the sticker price. ex: $15,xxx for auto or $14,xxx for manual. All the extra taxes is not included in the pre-approval. I got the auto(for the wifey) and the total price came out to $17,xxx. So if you have bad/ok credit, you have to put a down to make up the difference 'cause Toyota Financial will only cover you for the the $15,xxx/$14,xxx. I'm not sure if there's an option (at scion.com) in the application where you can increase the amount so Toyota can fully finance you, if there was then I missed it...

In any case, I got the Salsa Red and me & wifey love our new xb...!m:D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
dodong27 said:
Well, got my xb about a few weeks ago through Toyota Financial per Scion.com Pre-Approval. The only catch was, if you apply at Scion.com for pre-approval, (if you qualify) they'll approve you but ONLY for the sticker price. ex: $15,xxx for auto or $14,xxx for manual. All the extra taxes is not included in the pre-approval. I got the auto(for the wifey) and the total price came out to $17,xxx. So if you have bad/ok credit, you have to put a down to make up the difference 'cause Toyota Financial will only cover you for the the $15,xxx/$14,xxx. I'm not sure if there's an option (at scion.com) in the application where you can increase the amount so Toyota can fully finance you, if there was then I missed it...

In any case, I got the Salsa Red and me & wifey love our new xb...!m:D
What I dont get is, if they are gonna pre-approve only before the add ons, then the whole process makes no sense. Only because you can add what you want on the car for the final price. :confused: Please tell me if I'm wrong!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me revise this a little, the total came out to $17,xxx, but i was only approved(through scion.com) for $15,xxx. The Scion agent had to call Toyota Financial to see if they can increase the approval, but with ok credit, you must make a down to have Toyota Financial approve the TOTAL price.. Hope that made things clearer... :)

But beware, if you make a down, make sure that - down $ gets subtracted from the price and it doesn't go to the agent as commission.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
From my experiences "Pre-approved" dosen't mean a thing. Untill it is in writing in front of you, you can not belive it. When I traded my car in on the xB they told me 2500 for it, but when I got there they would only offer me 500 buck-a-roos. Said that Scion would not allow them to give more than 1000 if they were auditied. Just a bunch of BS.

I feel better that I got to vent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.