Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
There's only Scikotics in the Tampa area. And they're just holding on by a thread, here. Meets are down to like 4 people due to many of its members becoming bored with the same routine, inner fighting, and disagreements with the local management.

For the longest time, the meet was in the middle of a mall parking lot... Just standing there. Wee, what fun. Then the group would split in two, the head would leave to go play beer pong with half the group and the rest, which don't drink opped to either go home or go eat somewhere. Which made the whole thing feel as if it wasn't a single group and has driven a stake down the middle between them.

Scion Dynasty died. The remains became KAD. Which was strong when Scikotics first formed. Then KAD died out. Many of the KAD members went on to Scikotics. There was talk about a Scion Evolution chapter, but it never got a group started in the area. Can't think of any other clubs that have tried to make a place here.

I personally meet with a couple of friends (which own scions) every other saturday night, but the last 2 meets got canceled so I don't know if its dying out or not. If it picks up again, I'll try to put the word out and see if anyone will show up.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Taken from the scikotics meet thread (edited slightly):

What: Weekly Tampa Scikotics Meet
Who: Tampa Scikotics members/Groupies/affiliates or anyone with a Scion
Where: Super Target @ Clearwater Mall.
[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Super+Target+%40+Clearwater+Mall&hl=en&ll=27.959827,-82.723832&spn=0.007335,0.013937&sll=38.479395,-92.263184&sspn=13.729622,28.54248&z=17&iwloc=A[/ame]

When: 8PM Every Wednesday.
Why: Cause you are a member of Tampa Scikotics and i really would like you to join us
How: What do you mean how. Drive your Damn Scion!!!

·
Brian J. XB2.
1 Posts
Word up Tampa Bay! Let's make some moves...

Just upgraded from an '05 XB to the '14 Release Series.

Xb1 - Xb2.

Love my Scion's..

-B

·
SoFlo cruisin'
9 Posts
Will be in Palm Harbor in early May if anyone wants to plan a drive down Edgewater Dr. And Bayshore through Clearwater beach, Sand Key, IRB and maybe even to St. Pete Beach to get some food at one of the many awesome restaurants on Gulf Blvd. Cmon guys let's bring back the toaster culture. Lemme know what you guys think!

·
SoFlo cruisin'
9 Posts
Id meet up if I was there, I am currently living in ft lauderdale, and I really wanna meet up with people, I see so many custom xb's driving around. When I come back to clearwater ill post up here.

·
2 xBs and counting...
14 Posts
xB owner here, new to St. Pete. I'm interested in the area meet-ups, but moreso, I'm wondering if someone can recommend their mechanic in our area?

I'm going to a mechanic now that I think is overcharging and not used to xBs... I just moved here in March, so I really wish I could find someone that knows their way around an xB.

I need my engine replaced ASAP, so now I'm reeeeal interested in finding a new mechanic!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts