Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello ClubXB,

I just wanted to touch base, although this is kind of a dying brand and most likely isn’t really relevant any longer; I figured that I would just add some new findings regarding the XB’s tendency to flip.

Currently my XB is lowered on Eibach lowering springs and I had a rear and front strut bar installed. I also put 17x7 wheels with a 205/50R17 Goodyear 70k rated tires.

I was returning from San Diego when I came upon an accident that debris large enough to send my xB airborne from about 60mph and spun out quarter turn before doing a complete barrel roll. The xB made a complete roll back onto its 4 wheels. The tires were blown and 2 wheels completely broken. Roof caved in and rear windows broken.

I survived though which I’m grateful. However the xB is toast.

I am alive though. No airbags were deployed and I suspected the airbags are phony anyway since I removed bumper cover when I was painting and noticed the bumper reinforcement bar was already severely mangled. That means it was already in an accident that probably deployed airbags and were replaced with cheap counterfeit bags.

2005 Scion XB -120k miles RIP 01/02/2022
First off, Thank God your okay 👍 second ANY car even a Porsche can flip. The sheer force can drive the car to flip depending on circumstances. Now SUV's most definitely at lower speeds or any speed. They even have a roll over warning ⚠ on the back side of the sun visor. Well, glad you're OK. My .2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
168 Posts
Holy crap, glad you survived. Yeah, auto accidents can be insane.

I've heard that side impact protection on first gens is crap, so luckily that wasn't a major strike zone in your situation.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
So glad you are OK. Another xB gave it's life to protect its Family.

·
Registered
2006 Shadow Micah Scion xB 5 speed
163 Posts
Any lowered vehicle can go airborn from road debris at a higher rate of speed. Any any said vehicle can flip upon landing depending on how the vehicle lands, especially because of the stiffer suspension. Luckily you are okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.