Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight was the Scion Backstage event at the Orange County fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. What a blast. I took a bunch of photos and I will post them up tomorrow morning. I have to get up at 3:30 am for work so look for them in the morning. I know, I'm a tease but I'm a tired tease...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Can't wait to go tomorrow! Where's the first "New xB test drive" report???? :D

I just read that one of the new xBs caught on fire in a tent at the event :eek: .

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't wait to go tomorrow! Where's the first "New xB test drive" report???? :D
OK, quick before I hit the sack. I drove both the auto and the five speed. I chirped the tires in both first and second gear in the five speed and burned out in the auto. It's got a lot more power, it's more comfortable, quieter, more roomy and the more I played with it, the more I liked it.

Pics in a few hours....but here's the one that caught on fire....

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Damn..that's awsome that they let you push it a little. I thought it was just going to be an easy going drive it in a circle type thing.

LOL....Can't wait to hear the story on the fire. Looks like it wasn't anything big.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, here's the pics. A huge thanks to Scion Corporate for putting this on. Lots of fun and very informative. The eats were outstanding too.

Got there early and found Truang from Scinery Nor Cal already there. Mr. Scion (Jerry) was next to arrive

Balliztik showed up for the party

Jason made the two hour drive

Scion set up carts to drive us from the Owners Alley and test drive area to the display area

Beats walking

Heading in through the front doors

Helpful hot chicks telling us where to go

Register yourself with the touch screen and you're in!

Dino had a little trouble but he finally got in (I think he just like talking to the girls)

The new power plant

The goodies you can add to your new xB

The star attraction...

Rear disk brakes and five count 'em, five lugs...

The FiveAxis body kit option...the body is pre-drilled for this kit

Some shift knob options

There was a little problem with the power inverter used for the xB, it caught on fire...

Make sure you're hungry...hot wings, taquitos, mini tacos, cheese sticks, fries, roast beef sandwiches, brownies, cookies, chips, drinks and everything was delicious!

Oh yeah, they had fruit too

(not sure what you call that sandwich)

The upgraded head units

Waiting to drive the new xB!

This is the xDemntion...you gotta do this, it's friggin' awesome. Hard to explain here, you'll just have to try it. Don't miss the Download show at the back either. The technology is amazing.

Try your hand at customizing a new xb. There was a contest for the best design.

Here's Hector from Scion of Glendora checking out the new xD but it's not really there. This was so much fun to play with.

Our trophies. Louis got Best Presentation, Truang got the Scion trivia contest prize and I got Best of Show in the Owners Alley. Camera shy was Mike (Kartel) and Jerry (Mr.Scion) with first and second runner up in the Owners Alley. Congrats to all.

Our newest Scinergy So Cal member

The Scinergy So Cal group shot

For those of you going tonight, take your time and check out everything there is to see. Drive the new xB's and enjoy the grub. Scion has gone all out to show us the new stuff and I for one want to say a huge thanks! I didn't get pics of everything so check out Johnny and Heinz's pics (video too).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow,great pics! It looks like they left most of the interior panels smooth (no texture) which would be great for someone wanting to do some paint work:D ;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow,great pics! It looks like they left most of the interior panels smooth (no texture) which would be great for someone wanting to do some paint work:D ;)
That's what Jason and I were thinking but I was told by one of the reps that it is a pre-production model and that the final release will have a textured dash and door panels. :(

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That's what Jason and I were thinking but I was told by one of the reps that it is a pre-production model and that the final release will have a textured dash and door panels. :(
That kinda sucks. I hate the textured dash, but the smooth panels looked kinda cheap in my opinion. That could easily be changed with some help form your local trimmer or a little paint work. All and all I would rather have the smooth panels for future modifications.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.