Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The show will be in downtown Tulsa. Right here around this corner:

We are blocking 3 blocks off in the shape of a T.
There will be a Jupiter Jump or something similar for the kids and we are looking at hiring a face painter for the day.
I am still waiting for confirmation from Scion on whether or not their new Semi will be there as I was told it would be a while back.

Also, big bonus:
The National Alfa Romeo Convention is in town the same weekend. They are blocking off a different area of downtown and doing a road rally!
We are sharing a parking lot with their staging area so we can see all the cars coming in and out during the races. :)

There will be some shade from buildings and the trees in the lot we are using but it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring canopies or something because this is Oklahoma and it will be June.

The show will be from 12-4 PM.

We are setting something up with a local restaurant right now for dinner.

I have a meeting to take a tour of a hotel that is about 5 minutes from the show to see if they are up to Scikotics standards. :p

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Sounds awesome. I'll be in Texas by then...hmmmmm...I might have to come up for it. :D

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
LOL. I'll sure try. I hope I have a job by then so I can pay for a hotel room.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nevermind Helps If I Read. Sorry. Well Then I Guess I Will Be There. Short Drive For Me. Im In Tulsa. Can I Get Some Directions To The Place? And Is There Any Other Meets That Go On ?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
FrankenScion said:
See if you can share one with someone. They are all rooms with 2 double beds and you can put like 5 people in one room.
Okie dokie I'll talk to some of my friends and see if they're coming down for it.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
My cousin is coming with me to the show!! Yay!! Fun stuff. Now I don't have to drive up alone.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
toastedxb said:
Nevermind Helps If I Read. Sorry. Well Then I Guess I Will Be There. Short Drive For Me. Im In Tulsa. Can I Get Some Directions To The Place? And Is There Any Other Meets That Go On ?

We meet or hang out all the time, you should check out www.scikotics.com, we most post all of our stuff there.

Some of us hang out almost every Tuesday night at the Show and Shine at Backyard Burgers at 71st and Mingo.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We also hang out at Backyard Burgers alsmot every Tuesday night, they have a Show and Shine there. Usually about 100 cars when the weather is nice.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The head of the Tulsa chapter (Brad - Battcomm1) is in charge of the judging and he has been around the car show scene for a long time. He is putting together the sheets and point systems now.
Since the Tulsa chapter is the host chapter NO ONE in the Tulsa chapter will be competing at the show.
We are trying to make this as fair as possible.

We have 3 classes for each Scion type and 3 trophies for each class. That's 27 class trophies.

Classes are as follows:
Sane (Street)
Twisted (Mild)
Sciko (Wild)

As soon as we get the sheets and classifications done I will post up more details.

Then we have Best in Show, People's Choice, and Most Scikotic.
The last award is one I am personally giving away to the ride that I think is the coolest, regardless of the number of mods. It's all about how it's put together.

Now what I'm worried about is getting enough xA's and tC's to give trophies to.....lol. I know we will have enough xB's.

Jon

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a few things we have lined up just so you know.

Friday night:
7pm Mexicali Border Cafe - Free dinner paid for by Riverside Scion of Tulsa
9pm Scion B.E.A.T. Party at Red Room, no cover but you do have to be 21 (need to have 12 pimped Scions to park out front for this, let me know if you want to be one)

Sat.
10am Registration begins (Show sponsored by Jim Norton Scion of Tulsa)
10-2 Raffle tickets will be sold for $1 each
12pm Show begins (catered food from Backyard Burgers provided by Jim Norton Scion of Tulsa)
12:30pm Judging begins
12:30pm Xbox 360 tourney begins (Prize is an xbox by Riverside Scion of Tulsa)
1pm Hands On Competition (Prize is a set of rims from perfectlyround.com by Fowler Scion of Norman)
2pm We will start drawing raffle numbers
3:30pm Trophy presentation
4pm Show ends/clean up
4:30pm Roll out to Hotel for After-Party

7pm After-party at Holiday Inn Select sponsored by Fowler Scion of Norman
9:30pm Glow-off at hotel sponsored by TeamLED.com
10:30pm cruise Memorial Ave for designated drivers and other sober people.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts