Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so the features, interior and amenities are very nice. i was checking through the dealer book thinggy and the size difference isnt really that much, which leads me to believe the chassis is the same with a different body on the top of it. that being the case wouldnt you be able to stuff the 2.4 into the first gen xb? if their doing it at the factory i can damn sure do it my self. maybe relocate the motormounts or something. i need to check out one of those xb2 in person to see how the motor bay is set up. well it all sounded logical to me. and opinions? or insight?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The xB2 is a different chassis, based on one of their existing JDM vans. Much of the diffference in overall length is in the size of the engine compartment:

Even the xB wheels won't fit the xB2 (but the tC wheels will - remember, the xB2 is a tC station wagon.) :D

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
The main problem with putting any other engine in our xb is that they end up off centered. You can put any engine you want in there if you are willing to build or have built a new engine compartment on the drivers side. If you do not get the engine perfectly straight you will eat up drive train components.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh the tC station wagon, that puts things more into perspective. im glad you said that tomas. ok so there goes my whole theory. maybe in a few years someone will knock the hell outta the firewall and cram that blown v8 under there.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
rear mounter v8, most of us have a system in the back anyway so we obviously are not hauling anything. Mount it in a similar fashion as the old VW bus (surrounded by metal) wide body it for air induction to the engine, rear wheel drive and there you go. You could also use a corvair engine, it was a common swap for the hot rod vw bug gurus in the 70's

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It's a decent vehicle, from a very reputable company, it's just not a box anymore. However, the larger motor, and redesigned interior are nice aspects of the car. I'd throw a turbo'd v6 into there before a v8. On the other hand, if this motor can withstand high amounts of boost (rumor has it, yes) then we can all be waiting to see yet another 12 second car from Toyota...Well, that isn't a Supra.

I just wish we got the bB redesign: same motor, same interior space (only updated) and a super hot exterior redesign. I'd sh*t my pants if the next release series was a limited production of the current bB. I'd trade in ASAP.

·
Banned
338 Posts
We have one at the auto show in Hawaii..

the suspention of the new xb is from what it looks like the TC front suspension but the rear stayed the same set up as the old xb.. from what it look like to me is they used a litto bit of both cars.. the TC and XB..

the eng comp[artment is way bigger and the TC eng has a ton of rum in there..

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
That's so they can put 2 turbos on that bad boy. It'll be a hot ride, just not my style.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That's a similar style rear suspension, but not the same - even the shock mounts are different. I understand the rear suspension is based on a current JDM van.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.