Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
One Armed Bandit
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks. I took delivery of my Salsa Red Pearl xB about three weeks ago. My initial reason for looking at the xB was to get a car to which I wouldn't become emotionally attached. I blew it on THAT score! The little bugger has won my heart! :)

My previous ride is a '97 Geo Prizm, bought new and have driven (so far) for nearly 1/3 of a million virtually trouble-free miles. Yup, got emotionally attached to that one and can't part with it (even for the "generous" $100.00 the dealer offered. sigh) I'm keeping it as a practice car for my two teens.

Besides the aforementioned (and since abandoned) reason for the 'box' I needed a car to fit the following criteria:
1) gas sipper - I have a 225 mile round trip drive to work 3 days a week.
2) roomy - I'm a drummer and sometimes (thankfully not often) need to haul my gear.
3) inexpensive - did I mention I have two teens? (grin) I also have an 11 year old, 15 mo-old twins, a wife and an ex-wife (a.k.a.; "The Plaintiff"). What I DON'T have is cash!
4) after 9 years in a "Jon Q. Public", "blend in with the crowd" ride I kinda wanted to be different.

This buggy hits ALL those marks - and nicely, as well!

My wife claims to not like the car (truck? suv? wagon? shoe?), but I think she secretly caries a torch for it - since she keeps coming up with reasons to borrow it. :rolleyes:

But I think my favorite feature has to be the color. I've seen a boat-load of silver, black cherry, white, black, and blue xB's around here - and even a "Limited Edition" from each year ... but so far the only Salsa Red one I've seen has been mine. (Having said that, of course, they'll now start falling from the trees.)

All in all I'm thrilled with the box and have only encountered one real problem: What to get on the license plates. Bugger! This could take a while! ;)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome to Club xB! You have the same car as us!

LOL jk!

Hey BCP and SRP are NOT the same color! Where are those darn side by side shots??? LOL

Hope you like it here! :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got my Salsa Red Pearl on 3/28/06
Welcome to Club xB. Seems to be a very well informed group who all seem to have become quite attached to the xB

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ranman said:
My wife claims to not like the car (truck? suv? wagon? shoe?), but I think she secretly caries a torch for it - since she keeps coming up with reasons to borrow it. :rolleyes:

But I think my favorite feature has to be the color. I've seen a boat-load of silver, black cherry, white, black, and blue xB's around here - and even a "Limited Edition" from each year ... but so far the only Salsa Red one I've seen has been mine. (Having said that, of course, they'll now start falling from the trees.)
Welcome! No you're not alone. My wife has a Salsa also, had to buy it 'cause she kept "borrowing" mine.

You might as well get ready to join the growing "two xB" families here!!

:D

Attachments

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
ranman said:
Yeah it's funny, before we bought my wifes BSP, she kept thinking of reasons to borrow my TCM...And yes, she claimed to not like them at first too...lol I see another one in your family in the near future...lol

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
boxd_up_2 said:
Yeah it's funny, before we bought my wifes BSP, she kept thinking of reasons to borrow my TCM...And yes, she claimed to not like them at first too...lol I see another one in your family in the near future...lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Truer words have never been spoken, Jeff! :D :D :D :D :D

·
One Armed Bandit
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I'll let you know when I see another SRP in the Virginia Beach/Tidewater area. I'm sure it'll be soon once they get a look at MY box. (Somehow I can't see my wife saying that... not in those exact words. ;) )

You folks really know these buggies inside & out. You've got me trying to dream up some 'one off' mods of my own! (Now THAT could tick the wife off! LOL)

·
One Armed Bandit
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Toastid_Metal said:
-**i really luv that new salsa color!:D
Yeah, but that Envy Green is in a class all by itself. Just couldn't get the rest of the family to go for it.

BTW: What are the dimensions of that cute little "Release Series" button and where is it located?

·
One Armed Bandit
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup, that little badge that says "Release Series n of xxxx"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.