Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another question on the inside of my 2015 xB... My drive seat won't go backward or forward with me sitting in the seat, I have to get out and adjust my seat. Do I need to have the seat replaced? Then my passenger seat belt locks every time my passenger moves. I know it should lock with a sudden stop but not every time someone moves. Do I need to replace that as well.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,527 Posts
Seat belt is probably a replace item. Sounds like the safety lock tensioner is worn out. It can be rebuilt but it might just be cheaper to pick up a whole assembly at a junkyard.

For the driver's seat it sounds like something is bent in the adjustment mechanism and the added weight of a person is shifting it just enough to jamb. Pull the seat, check to see where it's jamming and bend it back into shape.

Was the car in an accident? It sounds like the seat belt tensioner has been set off in one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seat belt is probably a replace item. Sounds like the safety lock tensioner is worn out. It can be rebuilt but it might just be cheaper to pick up a whole assembly at a junkyard.

For the driver's seat it sounds like something is bent in the adjustment mechanism and the added weight of a person is shifting it just enough to jamb. Pull the seat, check to see where it's jamming and bend it back into shape.

Was the car in an accident? It sounds like the seat belt tensioner has been set off in one.
It had a clean car fax and never been in accident. I only have been ran off the road and bottomed out the passenger side of my car. It was all simple machinal things nothing super major. What I mean is the ac stuff had to be replaced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you so much

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have another question on the inside of my 2015 xB... My drive seat won't go backward or forward with me sitting in the seat, I have to get out and adjust my seat. Do I need to have the seat replaced? Then my passenger seat belt locks every time my passenger moves. I know it should lock with a sudden stop but not every time someone moves. Do I need to replace that as well.
Mine did the same thing I found two bolts had come loose on the floor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts