Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Safest cleaner to use on leftover/dried vinyl residue; exterior

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Snobox 
#1 ·
When I bought my second xB, I noticed they didn't do a great job cleaning the toughest leftover spots of what seems to be vinyl residue. I believe there was a full body vinyl, because I noticed the different colors of what they left behind, all across the body. Even removing those pieces, there is a residue that is dried on the paint. I've been using goo gone on some spots, it works, but it takes too much time. I'm also afraid that it could damage the paint job.

So what i need are recommendations on what's the best cleaners to use on your paint work to not damage it.

Thanks

#2 ·
The dealers had the same problem with the white wrap that was on some cars pre-delivery. There was some on my RS4 and they took it back in the shop and got it clean in an instant. You might want to call them and ask what they used.

#4 ·
I detail cars as a side job I've been doing it for about five years I have never rean into vehicle wrap residue, but road tar and other stuff on the paint is the norm. I would suggest using a combination of a clay bar ( about $15 ) and a synthetic car wax it should come right up just be sure to work in both materials on the paints surface:D:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.