Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was changing my rear brakes and as i was lowering the car, 1st gen, onto the jack stands the pinch weld jack area crunched in about a half inch.

The car was originally in the DC area and its been in IL for the last 5 years. When I got it the exhaust system was rittled with pinhole leaks and the two bolts that connect the manifold to the cat pipe were so rusted and stretched out it caused a gap between the two sections.

Its not completely roached or anything yet but the crunching of the jack area really made me feel kind of bad.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
809 Posts
Yeah, that royally sucks! I had it happen a couple of times over the years, but fortunately it never resulted in a compromise of the seam's integrity. Check the area for a leak and seal it if necessary. If no leaks, touch it up with primer and paint. I hope it works out in your favor.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Sad to see rust on our cars but when you live in the northern part of our country got to have stuff on da roads so we can drive !! I know I have some but do take mine to da car wash to get the bottom sprayed to get rid of the liquid stuff they put out on da roads !!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the winter wash bottom spray is a must haha

Ill probably bring it in and bomb it with rust converter and cover it with rustoleum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are products with a long flexible straw that has holes punched into the straw.
You stick it all the way in a crevice, squeeze the aerosol and slowly pull the straw out.
It does a good job of coating inaccessible areas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've used Fluid Film before, and the American version of Krown. Didn't keep the car but three years, but no new rust. Anybody else?

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Never heard of it before but then when you live in the snow belt you hope you can only to extend your issues with rust !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts