Scion xB Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Found another area for those in areas where road salt is used to check. Drivers side rear wheel well right where the fuel filler neck is, check to see if you have any rust developing near the top of the wheel well in the area of the fuel filler neck. Road salt, dirt, and debris likes to retain on top of the fuel filler neck and trap moisture. I've got some surface rust in this area around the top of the filler neck, nothing too serious yet. Again, I can't complain for a 10 year old car. Depressed I've had to live in an area where road salt needs to be used and see the effects it has on our cars. Take a peak and make sure to check this area for rust.

Curious if others are seeing similar results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just found out today that my 2005 scion xb is completely rusted out underbody. Not safe to drive!!!!
I really like this car. No reason it should rust out. Isn't underbody sealant standard???

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
just found out today that my 2005 scion xb is completely rusted out underbody. Not safe to drive!!!!
I really like this car. No reason it should rust out. Isn't underbody sealant standard???
Well that is sad to hear, next time buy it from the south, mine has no rust since it was a Georgia Box all its life.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Do not know where you live or how long you have had your xB but anymore it's NOT the salt but the liquid stuff they put on our roads !! And I will take it that the undercarriage has never been rinsed in the winter months !!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
‘06 here with 80k miles. Every fall I get underneath and hit any surface rust with rustoleum rust converter. I just had to touch up the front driver sill plate for surface rust too. Otherwise no rust.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts