Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2010 scion xb for 250.00 yeah you woukd think it was a complete waste but it looks great and starts right up. It actually sounds amazing as well. Down fall it does not go into gear.... Well it goes into gear in the shifter in the car but does not engage the trans i am assuming as the car does not stall out when i "put" it in first gear. I can move the shifter all around without engaging the clutch while the car is running besides at 3rd gear you will hear a slight grind. Something is telling me its something small and not anything major but im unsure. Has anyone ran into this. Previous owner stated they were driving stopped at a light and couldnt get it to move again... I appreciate any pointers or info. My first thought was fly wheel but the noise near 3rd makes me hesitant.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,460 Posts
Sounds like either the shift fork is bent/broken or the clutch is gone. It's also possible that the shift cable linkage is bent or has come loose. You can visually inspect the shift linkage under the hood, it's below the stock air box and battery. If everything looks good there then you will need to drop the transmission to look at or shift fork. seeing as it's a 2010 I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch is worn out after 10 years of use. Probably why you got it for $250, since it's a $6-900 repair. If it is the clutch have a look at a LUK clutch kit, the make the stock clutch for Aisin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like either the shift fork is bent/broken or the clutch is gone. It's also possible that the shift cable linkage is bent or has come loose. You can visually inspect the shift linkage under the hood, it's below the stock air box and battery. If everything looks good there then you will need to drop the transmission to look at or shift fork. seeing as it's a 2010 I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch is worn out after 10 years of use. Probably why you got it for $250, since it's a $6-900 repair. If it is the clutch have a look at a LUK clutch kit, the make the stock clutch for Aisin.

200 if i do it myself 😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts