Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people i have a question for you all !!!

i have just baged my car and am riding on 19" x 8" TC EVO AXIS wheels. I was able to drop my car all the way down with no problem. Now I cant due to the front passenger wheel slightly hitting. I was told that I can use a camber kit but not to get the one for the top to get the one for the bottom. My question is this, which is the best to use and where can I get it from, I dont care if I have to order it, just want to know where I can get it from.

Once again, I apreciate all your help and patience!!!:D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
In reality I think they all use the same exact bolts. Many of the companies actually use the same exact part number. Just do a search for Scion xB Camber Bolt. I know that Goldline, Ingalls, SPC etc. have them. All of them as part number 81260. They'll run you about $30 for a pair.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
I think he meant top being a camber plate or pillowball mount and the bottom being a camber bolt.

In my opinion, I would go with the camber bolt since I'm not sure how the camber plate will affect the bags.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah just got off the phone with the installer and he suggested that it be for the bottom. So I guess it would be the bolt. Now let me ask you all this, by doing a camber job so to speak, will this in any way and if so, how, affect the allignment?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
325 Posts
Those 2 look the same to me. On my car we used 1/2 inch (as I recall) grade 8 bolts and washers from a good hardware store. The manufacturered camber bolts may indeed be better but we had none at that time and my alignment is fine and has not shifted so.../shrug.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yes, Hookupman... If you use the camber bolts it will affect your alignment. That is exactly what they are designed to do. Their are three aspects to your alignment. Camber, castor and toe. They are all interrelated and can all affect each other.

Your best bet is to purchase the camber bolts and take them to a good alignment shop that has experience with air suspension. Tell them what your desire is, and that you also want you alignment as close to (or within) spec as possible. This is not a difficult thing to accomplish if they know what they are doing.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Those 2 look the same to me. On my car we used 1/2 inch (as I recall) grade 8 bolts and washers from a good hardware store. The manufacturered camber bolts may indeed be better but we had none at that time and my alignment is fine and has not shifted so.../shrug.
sorry to PJ :(

Ted, my friend who is helping me lower my xb, asked me about using a bolt instead of a kit. I of course had no idea, and have not decided yet. Seeing now that you did it, can I ask if your xb is a daily driver? And how long have you been running them?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The camber bolts used in the front struts are nothing more than regular camber bolts wityh a thinner center to allow some movement. The hardare store grade 8 bolts I used were of a similar diameter in the center. Theyhave been run for 3K miles so far no problems. Yes my xB is driven daily.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Rene, I have a set of those bolts in my garage waiting to be put on. Let me know when you get yours and we'll do it together. We can do a DIY on it.

Speaking of your new bags and going to your 19's, when are we gonna see some pics?:D

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
The camber bolts used in the front struts are nothing more than regular camber bolts wityh a thinner center to allow some movement. The hardare store grade 8 bolts I used were of a similar diameter in the center. Theyhave been run for 3K miles so far no problems. Yes my xB is driven daily.

thank you:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rene, I have a set of those bolts in my garage waiting to be put on. Let me know when you get yours and we'll do it together. We can do a DIY on it.

Speaking of your new bags and going to your 19's, when are we gonna see some pics?:D
hey where can i buy some fast so i can stop by and get it done? sounds good oh yeah dont fall asleep on the sofa again lol :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm running 20" adr's on tein s techs. Mine rubbed a little on the inner wheel well. I took a small sledge hammer and knocked back the wheel well a lil. Just a suggestion if it's rubbing in the same spot.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm running 20" adr's on tein s techs. Mine rubbed a little on the inner wheel well. I took a small sledge hammer and knocked back the wheel well a lil. Just a suggestion if it's rubbing in the same spot.
Make sure you seal the seams in this area where you hammered. The seams there are sealed from the factory and the sealer can crack when it is bent resulting in water leakage into the front floor area. (assuming you are talking about the wheel well behind the wheel below the firewall)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am planing to put some lower camber bolts this weekend and was suggested by the man "TAZZ" on putting some shims in the rear so that it wont look all retarded :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.