Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody think it would be possible to add LEDs under the seats using the exsisting multi color lighting that is under the dash/cupholders?
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anybody think it would be possible to add LEDs under the seats using the exsisting multi color lighting that is under the dash/cupholders?
Thanks
yes. it would be very doable. you would simply tap into the power right after the switch in the center console. The only issue you'll run into would be color matching. I think it would be hard to find tubes that would sync with the ones that come stock.

I don't have an RS4, but was possibly considering a trade in. I went thru that thing like crazy, and recall how those were set up.

good luck!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.I may dig into it when it warms up here.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
blimey what exactly are you wanting to do? Multicolor under the front seats? I cant beleive scion didint do front and rear lighting. WTF!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blimey what exactly are you wanting to do? Multicolor under the front seats? I cant beleive scion didint do front and rear lighting. WTF!!!

Yeah ,I wanted to add the LEDs under the front seats also. I don't understand why they didn't also.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blimey did you tackle this yet?

Haven't had a chance to look into it.The weather has been so cold I have been avoiding the garage :eek: Probably look at it in the spring. I may just put a single color cold cathode under the seats if I can't figure out the multicolor LED.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skeeter...Solved the issue.I ended up finding a complete extra system out of another RS 4.0. I plan on running one cupholder led in my rear cupholder(I have the scion armrest) and put the other one in that little holder below the handbarke.;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a way to make the stock mulicolor system brighter than it is. If anyone's got an idea please let me know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I added a cold cathode interior kit to mine. So I can run the not very bright stockers. Then when I want it intense I flip the switch for my cold cathodes. I have red cathodes so when I go through the multi colors I get even more colors. Its cool but not multi under seats.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Installed the second system complete with the chip.I have them both running off one switch.The cupholder LEDS are running in the rear cupholder and the other faces forward into that little holder below the e-brake.I put the long LED rods under the front seats.Scion should have done this from the factory because it makes all the difference in the world.:D Strange thing is the rear system is a split second slower on the "automatic change mode" so every once in a while they change to different colors and get out of sync...eventually they catch up again.:p

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Skeeter...Solved the issue.I ended up finding a complete extra system out of another RS 4.0. I plan on running one cupholder led in my rear cupholder(I have the scion armrest) and put the other one in that little holder below the handbarke.;)

Where did you get his and where can I get one? Is there a Toyota part number?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where did you get his and where can I get one? Is there a Toyota part number?

I found a guy who took his system out of his RS 4.0. Didn't see any numbers on it. :(

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet! How did you find out about this? Mine didn't come with any instructions for the lights.
Don't remember how I discovered it.My dealer didn't even know about it.Pretty cool tho':cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts