Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forum and just got my xb3 on valentine's day... my question is, has anyone had any luck putting a video game system in it... is the cord under the seats Svideo in, and is there any power under there that could be used for an inverter???? i dont really like the idea of cutting and splicing wires under there but a little unplugging and replugging never hurt.... I want to put my mac mini under the seat !!!
thanks for any help....
joey

2006 xB 3.0

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't know anything about what you're talking about, but welcome to the site, and

Congratualtions on the two digit RS!

I'd love to see some pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you wanna hook up a mac mini to the headrest monitors? I have a car pc in my car and i am running a 7inch lilliput vga screen in the front and i have 2 headrest monitors as well. When i tried to run my computer on the headrests via s-video the picture quality was horrible. It only looked good when a music viseo was playing. i was using a pretty good videocard that supprted dual monitors and it still looked bad. if you want a carpc in the car i would suggest you put a screen up front. if you need any help with the installation of your car pc feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

I also would not suggest running a power inverter because you will get noises coming through your speakers. if you were gonna use an inverter i would run a power wire from the battery and then ground the inverter to the frame of the car. How big is your inverter?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The Alpine unit in the RS3's has an additional video and audio input on the back of the unit. I havent played with them yet, but did see them when I pulled the unit out looking for RCA outputs, which I did not find. :(

There is also the aux port down near the ipod connection near the e-brake handle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks skeeter

that is cool that there are some inputs somewhere, i want the mac to be removable without much modification, so maybe just a wire from the headunit to below the seat and i can plug the audio in beside the handbrake.... ill probably just use a small inverter for the power in the cig lighter for now, unless i can find good power under the seat.. *I just want the computer in the car for the humor of it.. i am a photographer and flashing my images in the headrests would be cool , all the mp3s i can stick on a disk .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.