Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I doubt if any one will ever give one up. Alpine is top of the line, not much better to replace it with.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
scionbox123 said:
i wonder how much does it cost to buy one from the dealer
just guessing but probably over a grand.

·
Registered
485 Posts
anything from the dealer is going to cost more than if you just buy it right from the manufacturer. take this for example, dual dvd 6.5 inch headrest monitors from the manufacturer would run ya like $500 (if that even), but then best buy sells those same ones for $999 (and calls it a steal of a deal), and then the car dealership sells those same monitors for $1995. moral of the story, try to get right from manufacturer. if your looking for that new deck and want to save some money, try using froogle... a lot of times they show "open-box" items that have never been used, but have $300 slashed from the price. i use it all the time when shopping. i found dual dvd headrest monitors brand new , but open box
, and it only cost $200. thats a bargain you cant pass on

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
backseatchris said:
anything from the dealer is going to cost more than if you just buy it right from the manufacturer. take this for example, dual dvd 6.5 inch headrest monitors from the manufacturer would run ya like $500 (if that even), but then best buy sells those same ones for $999 (and calls it a steal of a deal), and then the car dealership sells those same monitors for $1995. moral of the story, try to get right from manufacturer. if your looking for that new deck and want to save some money, try using froogle... a lot of times they show "open-box" items that have never been used, but have $300 slashed from the price. i use it all the time when shopping. i found dual dvd headrest monitors brand new , but open box
, and it only cost $200. thats a bargain you cant pass on
That should answer his question.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I wouldnt say its top of the line, maybe fromt he dealer it is, but for the price you can get a much better head unit from some shop.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Skeeter said:
I wouldnt say its top of the line, maybe fromt he dealer it is, but for the price you can get a much better head unit from some shop.

At the dealers price you could really get a sweet H/U somewhere else, but the Alpine unit isn't something someone would be in a rush to get rid of. Who really has the money to just go out and replace a $1000 H/U. Not me.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
When I stripped the car to install noise deadner, I found out the DVD player is a Pioneer unit, of course the headunit is Alpine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.