Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio in it nice but it has NO outputs for conencting another amp for a sub, there are 2 additional audio inputs and 1 addition video input, why who knows. Now I am going to have to use a POS high to low converter for a sub amp. :mad:

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmmm I will have to look at that, thanks Point_Oh (.0), I pulled the door panels and the 6.5's look cheesy, the dash speakers look decent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
where did you find the video input ??? is it under the seat or behind the dash???? Also are you counting the Ipod and Stereo mini inputs near the handbrake or is there a way to disconnect them from behind the dash ??
thanks for your help
joey

xB RS3

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you pull the head unit out you will see an additional yellow (video) input and red (right) and white (left) input. I just found the damn dvd crap under the passenger seat the other day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are You Guys talking about the new Alpin Head unit for the 2009-2010 xB & xD's? if you guys are and you have one could you do me a huge favor at take a pic of the back of the head unit and post it up i want to see it all the connection's are the same as the old stereo units. So i can order one and put it my my RS.1 Gen1 Hot Lava xB.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
you should take a look at the dates of those posts. It will answer your question ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
you should take a look at the dates of those posts. It will answer your question ;)

hahahaha tell me about It! i notesed after posting.

I got one of the ebay'ers to take a pic and send it to me now I am trying to figure out what connections do what and what I need to get to have the stereo completely functional in my 04 RS1.

Thanks though

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I believe I have the same problem as you. I want to install my subs but I dont want to rip out my stock alpine head unit. where are you going to buy this high to low converter?

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
i got mine on at circuit city, but they are available everywhere, i wish i could get one of those custom harnesses though, that would be better

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Well what am I looking for exactly lol. Just a converter for an alpine head unit? I just want the exact name of what I am looking for. And how hard on a scale from 1-10 was it to install?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
so to be correct would i need anything else? I am just a little confused and feel pretty stupid.

of my understand right now it goes

head unit > converter > wires from amp

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
basically....tap the speaker lines into the converter....the the rca outs to the amp and VOILA!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
so i got the converter from best buy and picked this up

InstallEdge.com

except mine is 2-60 watts. I was wondering if first I got the right thing lol and also if it matters what wattage one I got. I have a 200 watt amp.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
so you got two? I dont the wattage thing matters too much, i didnt even pay attention to mine and i have a 600w amp

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
no i didnt get two i have the one like the one in the link =D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts