Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
blimey said:
There is NO airflow through the stock grill either.Look at the back of it.Its basically just for looks.The cooling/airflow is done through the lower two grills :D
Yep, that's correct.

In fact, any of the aftermarket grilles that DO allow airflow through them tend to whistle at higher speeds and get the engine bay absolutely FILTHY!

-Alex

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think it looks very cool as is; but then, I'm a sucker for leaving everything stock. I kind of feel like if I decide that I want what Scion is selling, then I'm gonna go with their stock look (although I'm gonna change my wheels, probably), because I figure that thier engineers and designers know more about it than me.

But then, I'm 42 years old. When I was younger, I did all kinds of crazy mods to my rides.

I just got my 2006 BOP eight weeks ago, and I want that green one bad already.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well....I called it first!!! Please, to anyone getting rid of their 3.0 grill, lemme know first!! PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!! I'll pay for shipping!! LMAO..

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I'm gonna get one, even if I gotta buy it from the dealer. Of course "someone" could get me one with their employee discount........ ;)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
dtrain619 said:
I'm gonna get one, even if I gotta buy it from the dealer. Of course "someone" could get me one with their employee discount........ ;)
I'll ask around and see if I can find anybody for you dude.

Actually, I looked into buying the RS1.0 grille for all three models for different reasons. The tC and xA grilles were both over $300 at the EMPLOYEE price and the xB grille was over $900! Freakin' WHAT?? Yeah.

I'm betting that the RS3.0 grille will be similarly overpriced and hard to get. All the other RS grilles were constantly on backorder.

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
I'll ask around and see if I can find anybody for you dude.

Actually, I looked into buying the RS1.0 grille for all three models for different reasons. The tC and xA grilles were both over $300 at the EMPLOYEE price and the xB grille was over $900! Freakin' WHAT?? Yeah.

I'm betting that the RS3.0 grille will be similarly overpriced and hard to get. All the other RS grilles were constantly on backorder.

-Alex
Dude, are you kidding me?! :eek: That's unreal!!! If that's the case, I'll just send my OEM grill to ScionScotty and let him do some 'glasswork on it!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.