Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my dad just got home from the toyota product reveal show in san antonio for the corporate offices. he himself is a factory rep. which there they showed the upcoming color for the 4.0 unfortunately, all camera's cell phones were not aloud and would be confiscated if used. but the color is the chameleon style paint going from a goldish brown to a greenish gold color. this was the best he could describe it to me. now flame all you want but i hear it from someone that has seen it face to face, as well as my mom as she was there with him.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL COLOR
but this rumored picture has the style of paint the rs 4.0 has but the colors are a brown gold to green look

so this picture is a tad off on the colors of the real thing but the style of paint is there.
i stole this off a random rumor page and this is close.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
close but still not there, had my parents take a look

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The paint shown in the two pics above is one of the Nippon Paint 'Maziora' colors. That particular one was the "Final Release" version of the JDM Toyota bB. Depending on lighting, and angle of view, the very same Maziora paints can look quite different.

I would not be surprised at all if Toyota sent the xB off to discontinued-model-heaven with a Final Release version in the same color.

(The Nippon Paint Maziora site has a fair amount of information on the paint and the available colors. I would be very surprised if Toyota used a different Maziora color for our RS4 final release.)

Tomas

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
they should have made it yellow again. that has to be the most popular RS color. I hardly ever see the Lava anymore and Green is almost as rare. Maybe it could have been Maziora yellow. fades from orange to yellow.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'd have to see it in person, but I doubt I'll be getting one. I was seriously thinking about trading my 2006 BOP in on the RS 4.0, esp. if it is going to be final year model, but it would have to be be a color that I really love, and so far that isn't it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
JDMJim said:
they should have made it yellow again. that has to be the most popular RS color. I hardly ever see the Lava anymore and Green is almost as rare. Maybe it could have been Maziora yellow. fades from orange to yellow.
I hate yellow. I've known people who have painted their cars yellow and when I ask why, they say because it stands out, gets attention. When I see a yellow car all I think is "Taxi".
I think the final RS should have been painted 2 toned yellow and green, just to make it really stand out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The lighter blue used on the TC would look sweet. So would the TC Release series red and blue. Hell even purple (even though I would'nt buy it), would look better than the RS4 color(s) we've seen so far,IMO.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, I started a thread about this a long time ago, but, again, if you think about the color wheel and the sort of RS progression......orange-red, yellow, green, then RS 4.0 should be somewhere between a light blue and a purple.

And not some doodoo brown/green.........and I'm even willing to concede that I may well like it......

Good God, how about just fire engine red, I'd buy that fast.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
hubbard said:
Well, I started a thread about this a long time ago, but, again, if you think about the color wheel and the sort of RS progression......orange-red, yellow, green, then RS 4.0 should be somewhere between a light blue and a purple.

And not some doodoo brown/green.........and I'm even willing to concede that I may well like it......

Good God, how about just fire engine red, I'd buy that fast.
Like This?
view5.jpg
Me TOO! LOL

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yessirree Bob! If Scion came out with that color tomorrow, I would sell my BOP and buy that.

When my wife and I decided that we wanted an xB, but hadn't really looked into it too much yet, she asked me what color that I would want. I replied, "Well, surely they have it in fire engine red....."

·
Registered
614 Posts
hubbard said:
Yessirree Bob! If Scion came out with that color tomorrow, I would sell my BOP and buy that.

When my wife and I decided that we wanted an xB, but hadn't really looked into it too much yet, she asked me what color that I would want. I replied, "Well, surely they have it in fire engine red....."
Funny,I hoped for a bright red too.All my cars are red except for the xB.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.