Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to Fuccillo scion in grand Island NY. Because of the missing tip on the dc exhaust. They took a look on the lift and saw one scrap. And because the car was dropped with springs other than TRD they won't cover it! They told me I could go over their heads but wouldn't help. I talked to DC today on phone and they want me to send pics. I hope they will help more than Scion!

·
Registered
614 Posts
What would the springs have to do with the exhaust cracking? I would try another dealer or at least contact Scion corporate. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I assume what the techs are claiming is that since there is evidence of part of the exhaust scraping that his tip was knocked off in the same fashion. As long as there is evidence of scraping you are going to have a hard time getting any dealer to cover it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes But they are the one that desided to put this system on the car not me! You can see how low this system is to stock.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Who is "they," and what "system." The exhaust or the suspension?

Did you buy the vehicle brand new? Who purchased and installed the springs and exhaust? (I assume the exhaust of factory?)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the car new and the exhaust is part of the rs 2.0 package. Today I took pictures and sent them to dcsports. Now I wait for them to contact me.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Honestly I would be shocked if anyone covered this under a warranty claim. The fact that you are lowered makes it even less likely. I don't doubt that DC may send you a new tip as a matter of good faith, though. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
RS 2.0 exhaust tip missing

On the www.scionlife.com site, there are several RS 2.0 owners who have had their tips fall off due to faulty welds. There are also photos showing cracks on the mufflers. Mine is still intact as of right now. Local RS 2.0 owner has had to have his replaced. The fact that yours is scraped on the bottom may make it harder to prove. I would contact Scion, as this is a known problem with the DC Sport muffler.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to DC today on phone. And they said I could send back and they will fix. Or they will send me new tip for free.:)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could of sent the whole system back for them to fix. And have my car down the whole time. Or have the tip sent and now I have to pay to fix. I won't buy from DC.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scion called me this morning and stated. That even all these other people are having the same problem with the DC exhaust. And pointed out how much lower this system sits. Because mine is lowered without trd springs they won't do ANYTHING.And never said anything about a recall. The way it looks they are standind behind DC!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.